All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

We need an official app! *Not possible*

Go down 
+7
motorizedeverything
redlinemotorsportts
cumminsbayou
Doug
Thunderdivine
mudmonkey06
13mudman13
11 posters
AuthorMessage
13mudman13

We need an official app! *Not possible* Empty
PostSubject: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 4:40 pm

Don't you all think you need an app? I think so, tell me your thoughts

Doug Fackler (Admin) wrote:
Unfortunately, the host does not support Tapatalk. You will have to use the mobile version of the site or view it in desktop mode on your mobile device.
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
mudmonkey06

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 5:20 pm

if there was an app for this then there would officially be an app for everything
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 5:38 pm

mudmonkey06 wrote:
if there was an app for this then there would officially be an app for everything

There is!

And Tapatalk app is forums gathered in an easy bundle, actually I looked there for forums before anything.
Back to top Go down
13mudman13

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 6:12 pm

By you I meant the atltf
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 6:21 pm

Tapatalk is fairly good for forums, if its compatible. I prefer web browsers though, even if its on mobile.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 6:40 pm

a free app Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 12:02 am

bumping this for some fresh ideas, I 100% agree on this...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 12:48 am

maybe not so much an app, but a voice chat client organized much like the forum is, so we can vocally discuss our ideas... I'll look into it, maybe sponsor a ventrilo server for us all. Smile
Back to top Go down
motorizedeverything
motorizedeverything

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 10:22 am

prometheusEDI wrote:
maybe not so much an app, but a voice chat client organized much like the forum is, so we can vocally discuss our ideas... I'll look into it, maybe sponsor a ventrilo server for us all. Smile

good idea edi
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2013, 2:33 am

yes we do!
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Yes   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2013, 9:09 pm

I already PMed JunkStarbuilds, he said
Junkstarbuilds wrote:
Not me personally, but anyone who can is more tha welcome to try
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2013, 9:19 pm

craftsmancole wrote:
I already PMed JunkStarbuilds, he said
Junkstarbuilds wrote:
Not me personally, but anyone who can is more tha welcome to try

Try what an app or a voice chat host?

I'm not for a public voice chat cause it might kill the fact that people will post posts on the forum. There is already many links, discussiins and pics daily being posted on the chat here thats "lost" if you know what i mean to the general public and info that might be useful to them, they will never see.

Tho an app would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: re   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2013, 9:49 pm

An app
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2013, 7:53 am

Thunderdivine wrote:

I'm not for a public voice chat cause it might kill the fact that people will post posts on the forum. There is already many links, discussiins and pics daily being posted on the chat here thats "lost" if you know what i mean to the general public and info that might be useful to them, they will never see.

There's an interesting discussion here, something I have thought of quite alot-

When you have NO chat feature, you tend to end up with a LOT of filler posts. Basically a discussion in a thread. It is not necessarily a bad thing, but can make for a long thread, in between the "important" posts. Having a chat can cut down on the inconsequential stuff. On the other hand- having too much stuff go straight to chat can leave threads pretty bare and devoid of info. The more good info that makes it to a thread, the more reference material future thread readers have to go off. Example- Thunder and I were talking recently, and he asked what sort of fittings he needed to extend and reconfigure his oil drain plug. Sure enough, we figured out what he needed. Good. However, he also posed the question in his thread. If it ALL stayed in chat (I DID go back and post in his thread) then the next guy that came along would not be able to find the answer! FWIW, somebody else (brain cramp as to who) also answered in his thread, but that doesn't always happen...

One thing that IS good about a chat feature, is tech-support-on-the-fly. It's good when you can get someone on live, and you can say "try this", "try that" etc, and do troubleshooting in real time.

I guess what I'm getting at here is that there is a fundamental reason that forums exist in the format that they do, and I don't think we want to lose sight of that. I belong to a couple of other (not necessarily related) forums that are like ghost towns- people actually post things from once every day or two, to once every few weeks! Totally pointless, and I don't hardly go there anymore...

Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2013, 12:55 pm

Chat mods and mods in general, when in chat, should be observing chat topics and encourage members to post threads when a topic comes up in chat that should be recorded as a forum thread
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2013, 1:21 pm

A very good point, and duly noted.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2013, 3:58 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:

There's an interesting discussion here, something I have thought of quite alot-

When you have NO chat feature, you tend to end up with a LOT of filler posts. Basically a discussion in a thread. It is not necessarily a bad thing, but can make for a long thread, in between the "important" posts. Having a chat can cut down on the inconsequential stuff. On the other hand- having too much stuff go straight to chat can leave threads pretty bare and devoid of info. The more good info that makes it to a thread, the more reference material future thread readers have to go off. Example- Thunder and I were talking recently, and he asked what sort of fittings he needed to extend and reconfigure his oil drain plug. Sure enough, we figured out what he needed. Good. However, he also posed the question in his thread. If it ALL stayed in chat (I DID go back and post in his thread) then the next guy that came along would not be able to find the answer! FWIW, somebody else (brain cramp as to who) also answered in his thread, but that doesn't always happen...

One thing that IS good about a chat feature, is tech-support-on-the-fly. It's good when you can get someone on live, and you can say "try this", "try that" etc, and do troubleshooting in real time.

I guess what I'm getting at here is that there is a fundamental reason that forums exist in the format that they do, and I don't think we want to lose sight of that. I belong to a couple of other (not necessarily related) forums that are like ghost towns- people actually post things from once every day or two, to once every few weeks! Totally pointless, and I don't hardly go there anymore...

I agree, but this was about a voice chat and not a typing chat like we have today.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2013, 4:07 pm

Of that, I am aware. But I do think that a lot of it boils down to the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   We need an official app! *Not possible* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need an official app! *Not possible*
Page 1 of 1