All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

I made it into an online off road magazine.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RCG
RCG

2016 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

I made it into an online off road magazine.   Empty
PostSubject: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2013, 11:09 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.Mudmower.com
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2013, 11:16 am

Hey- Congratulations man- way to go! Not only is it good for you, it draws attention to our hobby- which is never a bad thing.

How did this come to be?

I liked the bit about the transmission pulley having to be made smaller to clear the shifter. I think the author got a bit confused there, no?

Last edited by Doc Sprocket on September 28th 2013, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2013, 11:18 am

Maine Mud Mower wrote:
http://www.offroadxtreme.com/news/video-check-out-mud-mowers-the-other-atvs/
Congrats -

But, it seems that its separating you and FF from the rest of us... had you no input in the article?
Back to top Go down
RCG
RCG

2016 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2013, 11:43 am

Doc: I saw the magazine was a new startup and needed stories so I sent out an email to the editor as a shot in the dark what the heck type thing. The next day they got back to me and asked me to write up an article based on my machine.
And yes the pulley thing is wrong i chose the 5.5 because it was the smallest I could use with out hitting the shifter.

Pro: They had me write them an article that was about the machine. Trust me what they posted is not at all what i wrote.

This is what i wrote:
The most fun ATV you have ever owned could be sitting behind your shed with a rusted out mowing deck. This for many is how the addiction of Mud Mowers starts. It starts with removing the mower deck. Some spare iron and a welder for reinforcements and a zombie killing bumper is added. Next thing you know its not fast enough. Next thing you know you're on the internet looking for others just as crazy as you. This is how Maine Mud Mower was born. A 1997 Craftsman lt1000 15.5hp Briggs and Stratton, 6 Speed peerless trans-axle with custom locker block posi, drive pulleys swapped to do 25mph with upgraded clutch. Upgraded 16 inch X-trac snow blower tires on the front, 22 inch Kendra Bearclaws on rear. Top it off with a 2000 pound Superwinch and re-enforced frame with skid plates for 10 inches of ground clearance. Now registered as an ATV I join other mud mowers who are bored with normal ATV's. Go out exploring trails while making videos to prove you don’t need a $6,000 4x4 machine to make it though 2ft of mud and water. In this sport there are no after market parts. There is no rich kid who's dad bought him the best on the market. It comes down to you, your imaginations and your skills. Enjoy the smile of every person who asks if they can sit on it and have their picture taken.
Back to top Go down
crazykid1994
Established Member
crazykid1994
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2013, 12:15 pm

Lol. I like their version of your story...
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2013, 12:54 pm

What's really too bad- I would have liked to see a reference to ATLTF in there. This is the second time this has happened recently. A good friend of mine in Utah that builds some really sweet hot rodded go karts go a similar online article- and there was no mention of the go kart forum in there. Aargh. Perfect membership booster.

Oh well- either way, good on ya! And it goes to show you- a shot in the dark is worth taking!
Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2013, 9:12 pm

i wonder if i could get an artivle for mine? lol, would have to do some modding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2013, 9:48 pm

Thanks for clarifying MMM, still happy for you...
Back to top Go down
RCG
RCG

2016 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2013, 12:18 pm

prometheusedi wrote:
Thanks for clarifying MMM, still happy for you...
No problem man I want our sport to grow. For that to happen we need to get out in the public eye more. My hope is to do more next summer. I had alot of family stuff happen this summer that kept me out of the game. Next summer im hoping to get some road trips in to some mud runs in the area. I have an invite to 3 parades in the area so that will help. But thats just local small time stuff. We need a world wide spotlight.

This magazine has a following of 12,000 and growing fast. If I can get in with a few small time groups then work my way up. Who knows what we might get for hits next.

I also have had many people ask why i dont do shout outs for this Forum. The simple answer to that would be, when was the last to you heard Fearless do one. Its not my place to its his forum I have a lot on my plate already. Getting back to building a website(Should have the new one up late next month) and running a facebook group with 700+ members is more then enough on my plate.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2013, 12:27 pm

I wholeheartedly agree - the sport needs more exposure. I have reached a 'legendary' status around my area if you will, due to being the only guy around that does participate in such a hobby. People always ask questions, and wonder when the next build will be brought out. It has reached an odd level here - more people want them, but want me to build for them. Perhaps a business opportunity - still I tell them "I'll help you build yours, so you can appreciate it more". War Machine mk1 was put into a small-time local magazine or paper of some kind up in British Columbia, at least in pictures... but Ive yet to find which one. They simply took pictures, asked a few questions and left. I may never know more lol... but yeah. I plan on hitting up a few events next year for sure with one or more of my builds, and did one this year in mk1. The winter parade is in December, I'll be attending that with mk4, and the local Memorial Day parade with mk3 and 4. Actually, 2 or 3 parades in May alone. Fathers day mower rally in Tonasket, a town north of here. As much exposure as possible, due to the simple fact being there are few to no members on the west coast that do what we do with much enthusiasm, if any... and none in Washington who go as far as I do with the builds lol...
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2013, 12:37 pm

Maine Mud Mower wrote:
i dont do shout outs for this Forum. The simple answer to that would be, when was the last to you heard Fearless do one. Its not my place to its his forum

While true... Somebody has to, if anybody is genuinely interested in growing it... I cannot- YouTube ain't my thing- don't have the time, patience, or bandwidth.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2013, 12:47 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Maine Mud Mower wrote:
i dont do shout outs for this Forum. The simple answer to that would be, when was the last to you heard Fearless do one. Its not my place to its his forum

While true... Somebody has to, if anybody is genuinely interested in growing it... I cannot- YouTube ain't my thing- don't have the time, patience, or bandwidth.

I do, on almost every romp video. My problem is, I dont make enough romp videos, Im too busy fixing or building lol...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I made it into an online off road magazine.    I made it into an online off road magazine.   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I made it into an online off road magazine.
Page 1 of 1