All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

New Tractor build category *Added*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tractor_guy
tractor_guy

New Tractor build category *Added* Empty
PostSubject: New Tractor build category *Added*   New Tractor build category *Added* Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2013, 9:55 am

I search the web allot for ideas for my builds. Ive seen several crazy contaptions that were built from lawn & garden tractors. Go karts, golf carts, swamp buggies (those flat top things), mini jeeps, side by sides, bull dozers, and of course Doc Sprockets Mule builds deserve a category all there own (perhaps "Bad @$$ utility tractor").
So how bout a catagory for "utility tractors" and one for "tractor based contraptions"?

Doug Fackler (Admin) wrote:
Check here: https://www.atltf.com/f49-utility-tractor-project-builds
Back to top Go down
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

PostSubject: Re: New Tractor build category *Added*   New Tractor build category *Added* Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2013, 10:12 am

Giving utility tractors their own section may be a possibility but I believe that tractor based contraptions would belong in the Rat Rat Rod/Hybrid Tractor section or alternatively depending on how much it is based on a lawn tractor the Off Topic Project Builds section.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: New Tractor build category *Added*   New Tractor build category *Added* Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2013, 10:22 am

I pretty much agree with the above. If a build is way off the reservation it can go in other. FWIW, I consider MULE to be a Trailside Assistance/Recovery vehicle. I have started Building MULEII, and it will be even more so.

Our categories are designed around the most common build types. I think that if all of a sudden we saw several builds occurring that could be classified similarly and yet do not fit an existing category, we could quickly whip up a new one.

Thanks for the suggestion, and the props!!
Back to top Go down
tractor_guy
tractor_guy

PostSubject: Re: New Tractor build category *Added*   New Tractor build category *Added* Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2013, 10:57 am

Cant argue with that. lol! 
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: New Tractor build category *Added*   New Tractor build category *Added* Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2013, 11:15 am

Yea, ill support a utility section. Just have specific guidelines so you know what is a Utiliy, and what isn't.
Back to top Go down
tractor_guy
tractor_guy

PostSubject: utility tractor   New Tractor build category *Added* Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2013, 11:54 am

Well... it would have to still serve a purpose beyond playin. Like recovery, plowing, or even still a working mower. I was thinking of an onboard generator. Maybe hydraulic implements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Tractor build category *Added*   New Tractor build category *Added* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Tractor build category *Added*
Page 1 of 1