All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
breadtrk
breadtrk

Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody Empty
PostSubject: Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody   Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2014, 7:07 pm

Hello,

I'm a 50 something accomplished Mechanic, Welder, Carpenter, and as of late I manage 6500 computers in 9 states for a nursing home company. As I got older in life my body started paying for all my hard labor in my early years so I found something a bit easier on the old bones.

I've always had and driven Jeeps, 46, 60, 70, 79, 88, 93, 99, 05, 10 and a brand new Grand Cherokee. I also still have the 46, 60 and 88 sitting on the farm in various states of disrepair except the 88 Wagoner, it is my tractor and the most beat up chunk of running crap you have ever seen.

I've been on this same piece of land, 27 acres in middle Tennessee, since I came home from the hospital except for a 23 yr stint in the USMC. I can not count the lawn tractors, and small real tractors we have been through in the half century +.

Currently I have a not too old Murray wide body that just won't keep belt on the deck anymore so I've retired it from working and have replaced her with yet another thousand buck big box mower, this one is a TroyBilt or whoever really builds it, can't tell any more.

The old Murray still runs fine, the trans is hard to shift, real hard. I replaced the starter relay but the key still won't get her to crank so I just put a spark plug socket across the relay terminals to start it up, it works.

I would like to convert it to what I think you guys call a rally machine but I'm leaning more towards mobile tool and machine chest that I can just drive up to a project and work. Generator, real air compressor, welder, winch and boom setup of some sort, fuel and lube truck, and may even go 4x4. I have a couple hills on the property. I am quite comfortable modifying or fabricating anything myself or you guys can dream up.

I look forward to getting to know ya'll, I'm no stranger to forums, been online since ARPANET in the Corps, but if I goof up, let me know.

Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody   Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2014, 7:12 pm

Cool plan dude!
WELCOME!

Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody   Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2014, 7:22 pm

Welcome!

Sounds like you have a lot of skills! Youll fit in fine.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Lawren Wimberly
Established Member
Lawren Wimberly
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody   Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2014, 7:39 pm

Hot diggedy! I aint the only grandpa here! Your resume sounds like a recital of my life brother. The old bones complaint is what drove me to this hobby as well. feel free to pop into chat, there are always a few of us hangin out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody   Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found this place hunting for ideas for my Murray Widebody
Page 1 of 1