All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Silver thingy

Go down 
+2
redlinemotorsportts
Deluxe66
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2014, 3:34 pm

Hello,

after watching group of adults struggling about the same rounded rubber plate with some wooden sticks I decided to open internet.

Here is one of my projects. I don´t know much about tecnical details of this machine. Basic idea is clear to me I know where to put oil and where gasoline. When I open the bonnet the the biggest this is engine and that has 8 horse power. I can go forward with three speed and select one speed bacwards but trust me I am an engineer afro 

Here should be some photos about the tractor.

Silver thingy 13288837.t

Silver thingy 13288845.t

Silver thingy 13288846.t

If you can see the photos then i managed to attach those if not then I need to go back to the drawing board and do something differently. Tractor came to me as orignal. After that I have made some modifications:
- take take cutting blades out of there
- bigger front and rear wheels
- killer switch system has been added. Smallest driver is 2 years old. So the original seat stop system is impossibel to use.
- same kind of towing bar that we use at the road cars so I can tow trailer. Towing bar is also protecting the rear axle.

Next thing to improve is the front axle. There is slack at every point. You need to trun the steering wheel about half an turn before the wheels turn  Very Happy 

Plan is to use bicycle front ends and some scrap that I have the garage full

Silver thingy 13288847.t

to be continued.
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Towbar in use   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 1:15 am

Towing capacity is amazing

Silver thingy 13291473.t

Midsummer festifal is close and there will quite big flames on this pile
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 10:26 am

Looks like a dynomark. Nice mods man, looks like you really youse it around the property. Nice to have members overseas.
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 1:32 pm

Another utility build!

Sweeeeeeet!

I'll be following this one!

And... Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 7:12 pm

Welcome to ATLTF! You have a very good start to your build!
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Established Member
kawasaki220
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 9:41 pm

that looks like a eagle star i have one heres a pic
Silver thingy B2_b4_31
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2014, 12:37 am

Thanks

tractor has Monark sign at the rear. Here is some photos how we use and are going to use the tractor.

We have sauna and also fire place at home so we need to get firewood. Not the biggest trailer at the area. I made it so that it is easy to change bigger tires if this has some usage at all. Another use for this is that I would like to teach to the bouys how to tow an trailer and especially how to reverse.
Silver thingy 13293159.t

We are making our own amusement park at the backyard. We use the elements that we have and we have lot of stones.
Silver thingy 13293157.t

After burning some rubber and I mean this time the belt I decided to use another way.
Silver thingy 13293158.t

This area is for the bouys. We can have some fun offroading with the tractor or zuki. After zuki has locker at rear it was not so fun to drive because you do not use the winch anymore so I desided to add some challenge and start to make pile of rocks to drive over  Laughing 

To do list for the tractor:
- have fun
- drive it
- make better front axle
- make belt tensioner so that it is safer for the kids. Plan is that tractor moves when you press the bedal and if the leg slips then it stops
- make some kind of roll bar
- after these weld locker. Beacuse oldest son aims to the biggest obstacle that is on the way but at this monent tractor stops when another wheel is in the air
- this is open list and most likely ends never
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2014, 1:37 am

Yesterday I cut my hair and figured out that those would be useful sunny . Pipe itself is combination of bicycle, guest bed and original exhaust. Target is to have less noise and move pipe higher for future mud holes. Air intake is also at the to do list.

Silver thingy 13302696.t

Because this is family model I decided to hide the exhaust. Cover is made from scooter front fender. If I make traditional tractor pipe then it is most likely used for climbing => hot pipe + small fingers = not good

Silver thingy 13302697.t

Muffler is sideways just over the front axle totally under bonnet. I made and quick test and tractor is louder Shocked . Well I will make another muffler. Another thing that I realized is that muffler is quite close to the cooling fins. I will try to add some kind of heat sink plate between muffler and cooling fins and hope that this system will not overheat the engine oil. Now I just need to do the rest and then it is ready  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2014, 3:38 pm

Almost done. Cover is under contsruction my son wanted to paint it.

Silver thingy 13303953.t

Silver thingy 13303954.t

I might do the smaller muffler better some day. Now the sound level is lower on constant rpm but it is still louder when rpm changes.

Next modification pleace and it will be most likely gas pedal.
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 12:50 am

Now cover is ready we also made some tapings to bonnet and more to come in future.

Silver thingy 13309610.t

Due to the bigger front wheels there is an small proplem. When you push the pedal and at the same time turn fully the wheel there is an collision. Easiest way is to put samller wheel back but I think that I modify the pedal. Front wheel change improved the offroad capacity really much. Now I can drive further and get stuck to different places than before  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 7:11 am

Looking nice! Cool little amusement park/course.
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 5:10 am

Thanks a while ago I was thinkin about painting this tractor green but I kind of like the silver + black look. So I use painting time for doing simething else to the tractor.

Lately I have been reading other projects from this forum and I am impressed. My purpose is to make the tractor using as much as possible own ideas but hopefully you forum peoplle do not get nervous if I sometimes copy others.

And yes I use sometimes google translator so when I think in finish you might sometimes think differently after reading my english writings  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 7:18 am

There really isn't to many spelling/translation mistakes, but if there is one its not hard to understand what you're really saying.

I'm sure pretty much everyone is fine with you borrowing in some mod ideas, if anything we want you to.
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 8:28 am

ou yeah and my idea is yours if you think it is worth to copy. If I have something secret then I close the garage and shut off the camera  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2014, 5:40 am

Some progress slowly but uncertainly.

Silver thingy 13326074.t

These are cutted from bicycle front end. I will use the original bicycle ball bearings aiming for ligher steering. Smalest driver weights less than Suzuki wheel so some power steering is needed unless I do not upgrade the front axle. I found suitable axle and thick tube to make new "tilting axle" or something anyways the axle that allows front axle to tilt. I am also aiming for bigger tilt agle. So thats going to update at the same time. Plan is to use the orignal front axle as much as possible but in my case everything is possible.

I had an idea about front axle suspension also but due to the limited time I desiced not to make that. Plan was to use bigger tractor front loader bush / pull type cable one on each side to prevent turn agle changes during suspension. Maybe I will do this some day. I would be clad if someone has already tested this kind system and informs is it working somehow or totally crap idea. I have one +10hp diesel + gasoline engine + couple of rear axles so if I some day make tractor from scratch I would like to do something totally different than original lawn tractors. Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2014, 3:28 pm

Recently I have just been driving and having fun with the offroad tractor. One thing that I am not happy about it is the towing bar. it is too low and tractor gets stuck easily.

Couple of years ago i bought an not finished DIY tractor and this week I started to work with that. There is towing bar already just some minor adjustments and this ready to go.
Silver thingy 13366749.t

Some progres wheels and some other part are getting together. At the back of the garage is sitting my project for the kids. 4x4 mini Jeep with ATV engine.
Silver thingy 13366751.t

Because I am now at summer holiday I wanted some luxory
Silver thingy 13366753.t

Almost ready to test drive. This tractor has one cylinder Lombardini diesel about 10hp and hydrostatic rear axle. Front wheels are some that I had maybe not the final ones but rear wheels are ready. After the test drive I decide will this project continue or what. If yes then this is going to look like Ford 140 Lawn tractor some day in future. To be continued .........
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 2:36 am

Last weekend we did some work with this silver tractor.

Silver thingy 13441802.t

I made seat for three persons with an sort of box at the rear for chainsaw and other things. We managed to drive two loads before heavy rain. Tractor can handle quite tricky "road" with full load. Useless work with the trailor was not waste of time  Very Happy 

By the way older boy at the rear was enjoying the trip even though he is not looking so happy at the photo. He is willing to go firewood work again.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 2:46 am

Looks like its working good, i like the scaled down trailer, looks well built.
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 11:03 am

Thanks trailer is quite useful. Hopefully this weekend we have time to go again.

"Road" is really rough because there have driven an forestry machine with tracks. My tractor front axle moves back and forward because of the marks made by the tracks. I assume that this road will force me to make better front axle in near future  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2014, 6:24 am

Yesterday I changed this two wheeler that I have made
Silver thingy 13450733.t
Silver thingy 13450734.t

to these
Silver thingy 13450735.t
Silver thingy 13450737.t

Plan is to make this "front blade type" to cut grass and yardman is going to be our new toy for the boys. As usual my first plan is about to change but we will see. I will make new topic about the yardman when there is some progress.
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2014, 1:40 am

Some update on this topic also. I have got time to drive some firewood. After forestry machine there has also been an excavator on the trail. Excavator found some mud + clay and that seems to be enough for the combination that I use. I need to change bigger tires to the trailer. Other solution is to make smaller loads but that is not an obtion. It takes only three load to get the car trailer full enough so quit a lot fits in to the tractor trailer.
Silver thingy 13507828.t

Trailer and tractor sinked all the way to the axles before I needed to start lifting. After I lifted the tractor and trailer wheel at time up and put some branches under I was able to drive again. 8HP was enough on every situation wheels just keep spinning. I like these machines Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2014, 5:02 am

Stll firewood issue. Now I have drived about many loads and tractor + trailer are still in one piece. Belt seems to slip now easier and one reason is bigger loads. I have to use rope to keep the load at trailer Very Happy other reason is those small trailer tires. I have everything else but time to make the modification.

Here is photos about forest. Now all the trees are deeper at the forest and there is lot of big holes and stones. I am still surprised about the ability of this small tractor.
Silver thingy 13537874.t
Silver thingy 13537875.t
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2015, 1:32 am

This tractor has been only used. No modifications or repairs. Fun to drive and now there is some challenges at our yard  Very Happy

http://aijaa.com/PKKxz8
Silver thingy 13742244.t

Shifter was solid after shifting nicely from reverce to thirdh on that ditch. I needed to turn off engine and turn gears directly from rear axle. After couple of these movements gears worked well. I will spray some lubricant to shifter axle and after that drive nicely Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2015, 11:17 am

You mean it's hard to shift with the engine running? That usually means the belt is still trying to turn the pulley, so it's hard to shift gears with some load on the gears inside. Usually hitting shafts don't seize up if you use them. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Deluxe66
Deluxe66

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2015, 7:31 am

I did not get from reverse if engine was running or not running. Good point about the belt maybe snow was bending the belt because shifting was not an problem on flat surface only after geting stuck to snow. Before I open the rear axle next time when there is shifting problems I will check that belt is loose not bended or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silver thingy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver thingy   Silver thingy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silver thingy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next