All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

OT What happened to Lawren?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lawren Wimberly
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Lawren Wimberly

Forum Rep : 13

OT What happened to Lawren? Empty
PostSubject: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:44 pm

This is ABSOLUTEY off topic... Anyone looking for mower info can pass this by. Some folks have asked me where I've been, so here goes...

Ok fella's It's been a while since I was sucked up by a tornado and sent to OZ. Some of you knew that I was planning a trip to Illinois to visit my folks, to coincide with a big mower event. I got a call from my sister that I had to come home NOW (around April) I dropped everything and went home. My Dad is 86 this year. He and Mom had lived for a year and a half with no hot water. The roof was leaking. Sparks came from the wall sockets whenever anything got plugged in. The wouldn't tell my sister, and didn't trust anyone else to do it. In short, they need my help. Add to that... The extended Family vultures are circling... Dad is the last living of 13 kids... every 2nd cousin twice removed, every grandchild etc thinks they have a claim on his mothers (Grandma Wimberly)'s property. They are surprisingly silent when I am in town.

I came back to SC after putting out the immediate fires, told wifey we are moving back to Salem. That means selling everything here... a farm... Needless to say, I've been busy. I did finally get a FB account (wifey set it up so we weren't running up the phone while I was outta town) so if any of ya wanna send me a friend request, go ahead.

I owe SOMEONE a knife... dunno who won the contest, but congrats!!! Contact me and I'll get it to you as soon as it's finished. (blade is done, I need to handle it and polish then etch) Sorry to drop out like that. I'll try to be in a bit more.

Tech Manual mod, If ya need it, and cant find it... Just ask.... Pm if I'm not on line
Back to top Go down
willis923
Hammer
Hammer
willis923

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:54 pm

HE LIVES! cheers

sorry to hear that, sounds like a rough ride. hope everything works out for you

-1999 Ford F-350 Superduty 4x4 7.3 Powerstroke

Lt wrote:
Feel free to try... Dont let anything but fear and common sense stop you. 

OT What happened to Lawren? Pbucket

Chat moderator

1st Lieutenant, Volunteer Firefighter, EMT-B, Galway Vol Fire co. Galway NY
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator
Doc Sprocket

Forum Rep : 20

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm just damned glad you're alive and intact brother. Missed having you around. Hopefully you'll have time to visit now and again.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- https://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- https://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- https://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII https://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
Lawren Wimberly
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Lawren Wimberly

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Gonna try to hang out with you guys... building is on hold of course

Tech Manual mod, If ya need it, and cant find it... Just ask.... Pm if I'm not on line
Back to top Go down
Moose
Vice Grip
Vice Grip
Moose

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:26 pm

@Lawren Wimberly wrote:
Gonna try to hang out with you guys...  building is on hold of course
>.>
<.<
I know you been busy and stuff but I gotta do it :p

Aintcha done yet?
I kid I kid Lemme know if you need help we hit the slow season so I can take time off work to help if yah want
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
DimeWeld
DimeWeld
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:11 pm

@Lawren Wimberly wrote:
They are surprisingly silent when I am in town.

Ah, pain the the neck relatives. I know how that goes. Anyway, good to hear from you and all that. Good luck with moving stuff around. Sometimes a little change in scenery isn't too bad anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lawren Wimberly
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Lawren Wimberly

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:27 pm

My FB page is

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007423548872

Mr Modified, I understand you won! Congrats man! I'll be getting with you to get your knife prize to ya here soon!

Back to top Go down
mr.modified
DimeWeld
DimeWeld
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Thanks, sent you a pm.
Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
T-Dub13

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Lawren, Glad you're still kickin. I haven't had time to do much lately, but I'm getting back into the swing. Fight the good fight and keep us posted! Cool
Back to top Go down
Doug
Administrator
Administrator
Doug

Forum Rep : 71

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 5:17 pm

He liiiiiiiiiives!

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21

Back to top Go down
B440
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
B440

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Good to hear from ya. Certainly your father's health/living takes precedent over tractor forums Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 545

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 12:47 pm

I've been going through old threads while it's slow at work.  Lots of good content.  Lots of good comradery in the group back in the earlier days.  A brotherhood of sorts.

Lawren, not sure what has happened since the initial post with your family.  I hope that has worked out since then.  I just checked out your FB and what you have public.  I have to say, you have some serious skills forging blades.  Wow.

Shocked

TheGreenMachine - "coming 2022"
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT What happened to Lawren?   OT What happened to Lawren? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT What happened to Lawren?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: