All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

My Homemade Trailers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlakeGroce
Apprentice
Apprentice
BlakeGroce

Forum Rep : 21

My Homemade Trailers Empty
PostSubject: My Homemade Trailers   My Homemade Trailers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 5:08 pm

So I thought I'd make a new thread on my trailers so I wouldnt have to post them on my wheel horse thread!

So this is one of my trailers that me and my dad made probably 6 or 7 years ago.....not to sure  scratch But it's made out of aluminum C channel and this aluminum parframe (made by parker) it could also be 80/20 frame (made in Germany). I'm not sure cause both look identical. But its completely bolted together and I'll make a spec list with the dimensions and everything, will also show pictures of how it's all constructed.
My Homemade Trailers 20191218
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Apprentice
Apprentice
BlakeGroce

PostSubject: Re: My Homemade Trailers   My Homemade Trailers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Specs
-Mostly made out of aluminum
-Around 23.5 inches wide by around 44.25 inches long not including the tongue.(hard to measure because nothing is straight anymore lol!)
-Total length is 75 inches
-Total width is 32 inches
- C channel is 1 1/2 by 3
-Parframe is 1 1/2 by 1 1/2
-Tires are 4.10/3.50-4 china somethin another's
-Wheels ride on 5/8s bolts
-Sits about 6 1/2 inches off the ground

Last edited by BlakeGroce on Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Apprentice
Apprentice
BlakeGroce

PostSubject: Re: My Homemade Trailers   My Homemade Trailers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 6:43 pm

So we've had these sides to a 4 wheel cart (like the ones you see at flower shops and stuff) laying around for awhile and turns out they fit this trailer almost perfectly. Dad got them from some guy at work who made a welding cart out of it so he didnt need the sides. Says gorilla carts on it so look it up if your curious.
My Homemade Trailers 20200732

I just drilled holes in the side of them and used some wood screws with the hex heads to hold them on.
My Homemade Trailers 20200733

Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Apprentice
Apprentice
BlakeGroce

PostSubject: Re: My Homemade Trailers   My Homemade Trailers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 6:55 pm

One neat thing is that the sides all latch together so you can always take it apart.
My Homemade Trailers 20200734

Only issue is that I dont want to bolt the tailgate down so that I can remove it if needed. So I need to figure out a way to keep it from flopping around.
My Homemade Trailers 20200735
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 117

PostSubject: Re: My Homemade Trailers   My Homemade Trailers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 9:58 pm

That worked out pretty good. Nice!
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Apprentice
Apprentice
BlakeGroce

PostSubject: Re: My Homemade Trailers   My Homemade Trailers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2020 11:43 pm

So I thought about it for awhile and I thought about using hitch pins with rods, then I thought about just one big pin, then I thought about hinges. But all of that was just too complicated so I went with the kiss method! (keep it simple stupid)

So I found these wrenches that you get when you buy things that need to be assembled. Let's be honest who really uses the wrenches it comes with anyways???
My Homemade Trailers 20200738

Then I copied the bend it already had in it on the other side.
My Homemade Trailers 20200737

Then with some nuts as spacers I had some holder inner things so my tailgate doesn't fall off!  My Homemade Trailers 2731072446
My Homemade Trailers 20200739
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Homemade Trailers   My Homemade Trailers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Homemade Trailers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Accessories / Implements / Trailers :: Trailers-
Jump to: