All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 7:28 pm

Well went for a snort today and enjoyed the near 50 degree weather. Also my not even 1 year old tire is starting to dry rot... ugh. 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 252588580 Nothing real bad though it’s just cosmetic. Holds air fine.
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Forum Rep : 25

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 9:01 am

Quick update for y'all. At some point in the next 2 weeks I'm going to order a fresh pair of 4 on 4 hubs, spindles, and 8x 5 3/8 rims. The blower is...well...half fixed. The gearbox is fine, I straightened the mounts, but there is a stud mounted behind the impeller, so to put the gearbox back on I have to gut it back down to a shell. At this point though, it's not worth my time to fix it for this season, so it's been disconnected from the tractor being as we only have about 3 weeks left of snow and this week is looking clear. It isn't too bad though because I was planning to take everything out of the shell for sandblasting and painting so it all worked out fine. As far as the dry-rotted tire goes, I will take it in to the tire shop and see about a warranty replacement. That's all folks!
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 8:00 pm

Rims are ordered! Now on to the transmission...

So awhile ago, test running it without the tunnel cover, the parking brake rod fell in and broke off 4/5 fan blades on the hydro. I ran it like that this winter cause it’s already cold and windy outside so it cools off ok. Fenders still got warm but not hot, so I’m not worried. But with warmer weather coming I do need a new fan, so I will get one soon. Another unusual problem is that the transaxle dipstick appears to be making contact with the internal parts, probably a gear. There is a funk missing out of it and a piece of it has a concave grind down to a really sharp edge. Shocked Yeah, better figure out what’s going on there. May still need to build new spindles, don’t know yet. With the new rims I’ll cross that bridge upon arrival. Found some 1/4 flat bar for the 3 pt dump loader build which I hope to start in about 2 weeks. Not too much else is new though, so I hope y’all enjoyed the update!
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 7:55 pm

Well, the thermometer hit 69 degrees yesterday. Danceparty With the weather being as good as it was, among going for a walk in the woods and surveying the yard I finished and painted the new dash. The old one was cracked, faded, and covered in all this safety information that I already knew and how to start the thing (quite frankly the fact that it has to be stamped on the dash makes you wonder about the kinds of people operating these machines today) and because of all that it had to go. I’ll save it for something or other, but anyway here’s the new one. 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 C7dc4910
2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 34d6aa10

Do note that the left side hole is for the ammeter. The paint job looks worse on camera than it actually is, but meh, it’s a dash panel, not a hood or a fender. I’m going to let it dry for another few days before mounting it so hence the lack of bolts. That’s all folks!
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 10:38 pm

Well this was a busy couple of weeks for WL and Rusty. I’ve installed the new dash and rewired the ammeter. 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 71172679

A couple weeks ago, these rims showed up on eBay off of a 212 John Deere. 8x5 3/8, 1” ball bearings, in reasonably good condition.
2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 6f33c810
Mighta broke the sound barrier clicking “buy now” lol. Anyway, they arrived on Thursday and this weekend I have been using a wire wheel and some elbow grease to remove the rust and old paint. Here is an after and before picture: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 848f7c10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3