All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”

Go down 
+9
MightyRaze
darkside0914
mh434
mr.modified
Northwest_Ohio_Mud_Mowers
kat4568
Murraymountain
CraftsmanQuad19
Rustbucket Garage
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 9:44 am

Must have hit quote and not edit, whoops. If you could get rid of that I’d appreciate it. Yeah I’m going to run it for a while still cause parts machines are expensive. It occurred to me that maybe I could be hearing the pump’s valves or something since there wouldn’t be a whole lot of fluid in the pump to make the valves quiet, I don’t know though. I will definitely change the filter, and I will probably drain the oil. It’s only a few months old so no need to replace it I think but I will look for chunkies or flakes when I do that.
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Forum Rep : 29

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 5:22 pm

Well, I settled down, and realistically I think the transmission is going to be good for another two years. I will look out for a gear set or parts machine, and failing that I will retrofit a case 220 hydraulic transaxle and auxiliary functions. The case is a cast iron two speed so I’m out nothing, as long as the torque is the same which it should be. It’s not going to last for a long time as I had hoped, but it will keep going for some time.

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 10:25 am

Coming soon.... new paint scheme.

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Screen28

Let me know what you think Smile

and yes, still doing the new hood I just thought that this one could use some dressing up.

MightyRaze and Nevadablue like this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 545

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Love it!

TheGreenMachine - "coming 2022"
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Rustbucket Garage and Nevadablue like this post

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 6:40 pm

Saw today that we hit 2,000 views on this thread. I’m flattered that you guys find this build that interesting! Thanks y’all! More updates are coming, I’ve been busy doing some other stuff and we have been getting a massive volume of rain, flooding in the valleys etc. Not great for wrenching on stuff. Picked up some new hardware today for the blower, and I got the brackets, drift cutters, guard, and chute deflector all painted. Bought some paint for the blower and that is going to get done soon, going with grey. Anyway that’s all I’ve got done now, next step is to paint the blower shell and then the original hood. Might make some new decals too Smile

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 5:54 pm

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 48689e10
2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 2d825510
Blower shroud at the skid plate mounts, note the cracks. How’d that happen?

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 10:37 am

Aaaugh! Why is it every time I go to paint Mother Nature decides to be rainy, windy and humid? 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 2429134702

MightyRaze and Nevadablue like this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Nevadablue

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 10:44 am

Did you guys get through the storms OK? News says it was nasty on the east coast.

Rustbucket Garage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:05 pm

We’re doing great, thanks for asking! Smile What storms are you referencing?

I’m inland a good ways so we don’t get too much from the coast, most of our storms are out of the south or west. I’m in an area prone to flash flooding, but I’m on a mountain so I trade the floods for 50 mph winds.

If you meant Elsa that just gave us a couple thunder storms and a few downed trees, but I’m just glad we aren’t in drought this year.

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Nevadablue

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitimeToday at 1:29 pm

Good news. The ‘news’ here said tornados and whatnot on the east coast. I didn’t see exactly where. South of you I suspect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4