All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mechanicus

Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber   Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2021, 10:48 pm

1st post!

I am probably going to buy a zero-turn, and am definitely going keep my old Deere L130. What I want is to convert it to an off-road, mild hill-climber for use on my property. Will be very minor amount of mud and no water. Mostly Appalachian-type up/down hills, big timber deep woods, rocky cow-trails. Any thought? Is the hydrostatic trans a deal-breaker? I would like some extra speed, but I don't want to sacrifice granny-gear low because of some of the steep terrain. So, first-off, just drop the deck, put on some aggressive atv tires? What next? Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated. I'm loving this forum LOL you guys are wizards. Mechanicus out.

Edited to add: It's got the 23 hp Kohler v-twin. In good shape. Around 300 hrs on the meter if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber   Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2021, 11:26 pm

Welcome to ATLTF....  Yeah, not really anything to speed up a hydro.  If you pulley swap, it will just assist in burning out the pump quicker.  Good news, the application you are talking about, speed wouldn't be that big an issue.  I would look into locking the transaxle for the hills.  Just safer that way.

Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber Sig214Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber Sig314
Back to top Go down

Ideas for Deere L130 - off road / hill climber
Page 1 of 1