All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson

Go down 
+8
MN mudder
Fastman
TheBeal
Budget_gokart
Murraymountain
Rustbucket Garage
MightyRaze
Nevadablue
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Empty
PostSubject: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2021, 4:51 pm

Time to start the build thread. You guys helped me with a couple of decisions in my first threads here, so here goes.

A couple of years ago, a neighbor gave me a decrepit National Mower reel type tractor. The intent was to make a rider for my grandson. It has sat untouched for too long, but it has been displaced by something more interesting. The old tractor will be restored, with a fresh snow blower engine but for now it rests still.

We are starting on a Rat Rod Kart.

I picked up this LT1000 Craftsman Rider a few days ago.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson A8eac410

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson E46bdb10

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 9672d610

The mower has an 18 HP Briggs engine (that does run!) and an MST-206 rear axle.

It appears that there is a 3 pic limit, so I’ll post 3 at a time. I want to show the pile of parts I intend to use.
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2021, 4:55 pm

We want to build something on the order of this neat toy. I can’t find anything more than a couple of videos and I captured an image from one of them. Seems White’s Trash (the builder) has disappeared. If anyone here knows him, please note the inspiration for my build is from him.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson F098a710

These are the two wheelbarrows that will be sacrificed. I bought the bigger one sometime in the middle 70s and it has followed me around the country since. I figure it deserves to be saved in something I can pass along.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 7c795610

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 07ec2810
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2021, 5:01 pm

More of the pile-o-parts. (I have several snowblowers and a couple more riding mowers to draw bits from too)

An old brake handle must be used somewhere and the neat chain will also be used.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 48dbb110

Half of this aluminum diamond plate pickup tool box will provide the bed for the truck. The rest of it will become fancy parts for the Rod.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 5c25dc10

And another LT1000 frame will provide the stretch for the machine. It will be LONG and as low as I can get it reasonably. The front axle will be moved out in front of the engine.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 25e93710

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2021, 5:07 pm

And finally the last of the major parts I hope to use.

A little Wards rider agreed to donate it’s console and rear fenders. I plan to split the fenders to make ones for the diamond plate box by removing the center section. I think the console will be small enough to tuck into the bucket, leaving room for feet and legs on each side. I don’t have the hood for the little rider, so I don’t feel bad about using the parts from it. My intent now is to use the frame to start a build for me.

I’m 74 years old, so don’t expect any speed build. LOL

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson F93cd210

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 1479dd10

These snowblower tires may become the front tires for the Rod.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson B9ad5f10

Now I need a nap. lol!

MightyRaze, maddog1949, Rustbucket Garage and WizardTuner like this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2021, 9:21 pm

Man this is going to be sweet.  You definitely have me along for the ride!

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Sig214A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Sig314

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2021, 4:35 pm

I decided that to maximize return on my precious time outside, I would order some parts. A new carb, air cleaner and spark plug along with a couple of oil filters are on the way. I can rebuild/clean the old carb later and have a spare.
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2021, 5:15 pm

No new parts here yet, but I did build the wiring harness today.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 57a40310

I’m also chasing an old LT1500 riding mower. So far I haven’t convinced the owner to give it to me, but I may try again. I may actually make an offer on it I guess. It has a good 17.5 briggs in it and the F/R transaxle. I need another engine, so maybe... plus good tires and wheels and lots of parts. It is a running machine but needs a battery.

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2021, 5:13 pm

Well, I claimed another mower today. It is a running LT1500, complete and the battery does work. I’ll pick it up this weekend, it is too hot today.
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2021, 1:27 pm

I decided to move the junkyard tractors and parts to a more protected spot. It should be cooler there and also not so much of an eyesore. Will be a lot of work, but best in the long run I think.

And, I ordered the headlights and tail lights. I’m getting ahead of myself, but this is FUN.

Headlights (4.5” diameter)

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 6151f510

And the tail lights. That is a license plate setup for a motorcycle. Two individual running/turn/brake lights. Pretty neat.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson D0cbd110

maddog1949 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2021, 4:00 pm

Where did you get the headlights? Those look nice. I’m putting some similar ones on mine. A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Fc126010

maddog1949 and Nevadablue like this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2021, 5:11 pm

Amazon. They have a zillion options, and quite a few with ‘eyebrows’. These are plastic I think, but they will be fine for what I want. Look for ‘motorcycle fog lights’.

Yours are nicer than mine. A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 1f60b
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2021, 4:51 pm

HOT today. But, I moved the tractor to the concrete slab outside my garage. There is about 6 feet of shade on that side. I got all four tires aired up yesterday, but the right rear tire was flat again today. Slime, air, repeat a couple of times. I need to make these tires hold air for now. I don’t have any other rear tire/wheels that will fit right now. The chassis needs to roll for testing.
I just went back out and the tire seems to be holding but still leaking. There is a LONG sidewall crack, but the slime seems to be drying and trying to work. Fingers crossed.

Now the really good news for me. I pulled the bowl off the carb and it is clean. Then I ground the idiot solenoid and neutered it. A new fuel line robbed off of a parts machine (with a shutoff valve from one of the snowblowers), some gas (in the amazingly clean tank) and she starts and runs. Started easily and runs smooth.

AND, the thing drives and the transmission seems to be OK. I was only able to test it for a hundred feet or so, but I got through all 6 gears and reverse. That darn right rear tire went flat again. That’s when I started doctoring it with more slime.

I plan to run it around some and then make it NUDE. Like this. (Pic stolen off the net)

`A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 4f081010

Getting rid of all that sheet metal will make measuring and building parts much easier.
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2021, 5:37 pm

Here she is, roasting in the sun. I think I will install the wiring harness tomorrow so I have a way to shut off the engine. I started it with my jump pack today and shut it off with the choke. Not handy or reliable. When I take the sheet metal off, I’ll sit on a board and set the battery on a board across the frame. I think...

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 99472110

Slime bubbles on the LONG sidewall crack. They do seem to be ‘healing’ the crack. I just need it to work for a while.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Eb16e810
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2021, 2:49 pm

The right rear tire held air all night, but the left rear is now low. I let out the air, put in more slime, aired it up, and it is soaking now.

I did discover that the ‘bearings’ in the outer case of the transaxle are worn. I plan to install real bearings, but need a spare.

I started a thread on a couple of axles I found. Input would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2021, 4:07 pm

I’d throw a tube in, they’re cheap and they won’t leak for a long time.

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2021, 6:02 pm

Good idea, I didn’t know they made tubes that size.

That way I can actually use these on another rig.

Rustbucket Garage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2021, 7:37 pm

It is deadly hot out there and the air is full of smoke from the fires west of us. I did manage to get a little work done this morning though. I moved some gravel in front of the garage and driveway and then set up the second mower chassis out there. Looking at the pics, I think I will change that setup. The metal box will go under the back end of the frame and the ramps under the front. I need to sit down to work, bad back won’t let me stand long. So, I will build a frame with the 2x4s and use that as a basic ‘workbench’ for the frame stretching part.
It looks like the snow blower wheels and tires will work, if I get the hubs shortened a LOT.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson D7522610

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 1ab17410

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson D30e0010
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2021, 3:29 pm

Slight update. All that junk for holding up the frame is gone. I made an aluminum frame bench out of some old aluminum extension ladders. This is pretty neat, and I have enough to make another.
I plan on running a 3/8” threaded rod through the legs, from side to side. Two sets of holes in the bench part will allow me to use it in the position it is shown and also in a much lower position. Should be handy for all sorts of projects.
The red dots are where I intend to drill the holes. I’ll trim the corners on the top of the legs of course.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 54fcad10

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 7d396610

If it isn’t stable enough, there is a scrap of the ladder that made the legs. I can cut the rungs and bolt the side piece on the bottom of the legs for stabilizers.

Looking at those pictures tells me I can also throw a plank across the legs, under the table, for a tool/parts holding shelf. Cool!

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2021, 12:14 am

I went out to finish the frame bench today and ended up cleaning a space in the garage and starting a work bench. Maybe tomorrow, I’ll finish both benches. It is supposed to be cooler for a few days. I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2021, 1:35 pm

Ha!

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson A050f410

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 58507410

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 5583e710

I managed to haul a bunch of junk stuff parts to the work area and got the frame bench up and running.

The wheelbarrow body is propped on some blocks now, but when the frame is stretched, I hope it will sit flat on the frame. Right now, the clutch and other things are sticking up where it is sitting.
One of my LT1500 machines will provide the frame material, as well as some other important components, so now I need to strip one of those and bring the frame around for design and then cutting.
Too many projects. But it is cooler here for a few days. I hope to run wiring to get my welders hooked up. There is 220 in the garage, but just to the breaker box, which is as far away as it can get. So, maybe 60 feet of wiring to do before I can run the welders.

Oh, appropriately, the wheelbarrow is a Craftsman too.
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2021, 1:09 pm

OMG, the humanity, or humidity. It rained yesterday, lovely, soft, mucho rain. Plus ignorant high wind. Nice cool sleeping last night, BUT
Today is cool and HUMID. I grew up in Missouri, I’m not sure how I tolerated the humidity. Wringing wet instantly. It is DRY here normally. Anyway, I’m thankful for the moisture, we always need it here.

So, the donor frame (for the stretch part of the project) is emerging from the dirt and oil and sheet metal. Speaking of metal, the frame and fenders are maybe half as thick as the older rigs. What a surprise. The engine does have a hole in the block, it will be interesting to see what’s inside some day.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 47d34310

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 25178c10

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 2180c210

This is the first close look I’ve had at the variable drive thing. Now I’m back to considering it as a jackshaft setup. To keep from having a LONG belt, I want to put a jackshaft at about the original position/length of the mower. Then run a second belt to the transaxle.
Once I get the pulley out, I’ll make a decision. I plan to weld it solid, making it a simple double pulley. Clutch, like ‘normal’ on the front belt and the tensioner on the rear belt. I would also reverse the tensioner on the rear belt, using a flat pulley to push the belt IN instead of pulling it out like the factory did. Since my axle pulley will be smaller, I think I will need all the friction I can get at that point. The rear belt will of course be MUCH longer, so there will be plenty of room for the tensioner.
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2021, 9:32 pm

Well, we have internet again here. It went out early Sunday and just came back on. Some progress on the project.

I have stripped most of the parts... engine, deck, front axle, mechanicals under the frame of the latest addition to the hoard. I think that I will be using the frame from it plus the front and back sections from one of the LT1500 machines to build the Rat. The stripped LT1000 frame and the intact LT1000 will be set aside for now. I hate to tear up the good LT1000, it is in too good of shape.

Oh, I did start the engine on the LT1500 donor machine. It started right up and runs nicely. I got a new battery for our ‘lawnmower’ (a pretty, 3 year old yellow Cub). So the ‘old’ battery (good excuse, right?) can serve the projects now.

So, we have an engine and transaxle, plus frame sections for the Rat. I need to cut the wheelbarrow tub and sit in it to get some measurements, then proceed.

Measurements needed, but here are the doctored images of the frame sections I want to scab together.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 5d76a810

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson D7fcc210

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Eccece10
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2021, 9:42 pm

And, here is the lighting for the rear of the Rat. The license plate is mine from LONG ago. I lived in Missouri (show me...) for my first 35 trips around the sun. The plate has glass beads in the white part so it is nicely reflective too.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson B90fb710

The two small lights are stop/turn/tail lights. Chrome.

Here is what the stop light looks like lighted. Should be pretty neat.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson F55d3610

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2021, 4:09 pm

The numbers didn’t work out for the new frame pieces. So, back to the original LT1000 frame. Not all is lost though. There are a lot of neat bits and pieces on the latest mower, including the neat running boards and the steering wheel. The little brackets that held the long gone hood will make a brake and throttle pedal too. I plan to cut the running boards off the frame and bolt or weld them to the Rat. The frame is just too flimsy, on the old one and the LT1500. I have a piece of rectangular tubing that I can make the frame stretch sections with.

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson 413b1a10

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson C3fadf10

I cut the wheelbarrow tub and threw a couple of boat cushions and a couple of little rugs in and sat in the thing and measured. (On the concrete slab, not on the stand, LOL) I need about 16” in front of the tub for leg room. Also, it appears that an 18” stretch will be necessary. The engine mount plate needs to be cut out and moved so the engine is 12” forward from where it is now. That axle isn’t the right one, but it is about in the right location. Too high but about right right for wheelbase.

The little wheelbarrow in the background will probably provide the curved tubing for the dash (cut off of the wheelbarrow tub) and the support/frame for the firewall.

More thinking required.
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2021, 9:35 am

What are you thinking for a nose/ hood? Or do you plan to leave the front open and mount the lights to the frame? Wheelbarrow looks good on there Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson   A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rat Rod Wheelbarrow Bucket T Tractor/Kart for my Grandson
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next