All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread    Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2022, 10:31 pm

There's been alot of talk recently about these in different threads but the problem is that info gets lost so I thought I'd start a thread dedicated to them or any other on-board monitoring equipment you want to talk about! What good, what's bad, what's useful and what's not?! Feel free to jump in to post your comments, add your experiences, showcase products and ask questions!

@diddie made a comment in @MightyRaze"s thread so here is a link to @Nevadablue"s thread that @LAWN MOWER MUDDER contributed to by showing his analog tach and granting your wish! Lol

https://www.atltf.com/t6849-looking-for-tach-and-ammeter-recommendations#120956

Now that I have everyone's attention I encourage you to post what you said/shown in other threads so we can make this a resource thread!

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~

Last edited by Brianator on March 22nd 2022, 10:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

diddie and Nevadablue like this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread    Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2022, 10:41 pm

I'll start by quoting myself with relevant info:

Brianator wrote:
After some testing last night I realized that an ammeter is pointless on this build because there isn't nor will there be enough draw on the system to make it worthwhile, I mean I haven't even seen it twitch and I know it works! I'll get more use out of the voltmeter to keep track of battery voltage because of the winch.

This I posted in @MightyRazes thread,  I'm hoping he'll add to this with his tach and a link to it.
Brianator wrote:
I have 2 of the exact same ones (one in my G10 and a loose one), I find the RPMs lag and it's hard to read unless it's at a good angle but they're great for setting idle and max speed.

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread    Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2022, 11:22 pm

I got it off amazon.  Hope it works well enough.  Untested.

Here

I am going to try this chicken chow-mien tach/hour meter.

Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Img_3613

It said 5 or more winds.  I went with 14.  Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  2731072446 

Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Img_3612

Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Sig214Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Sig314

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread    Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2022, 12:21 pm

I have some things to add here Brian, but I want to actually test them before I post about them. They include Tach, ammeter/voltmeter and GPS.

I have tested the GPS a bit, driving around the neighborhood in my RTV and it works well as a speedometer like I hoped.

MightyRaze and Brianator like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread    Talk - Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voltmeter, Ammeter, Tachometer, Speedometer and Hour Meter Talk About and Info Thread
Page 1 of 1