All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

woodland mower

Go down 
+2
dangeroustoys56
Chunk
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

woodland mower - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 2:42 pm

Fearlessfront: Yeah i hear y- my agway takes forever to go anywhere - due to only 3 speeds- the pulley swap last year worked for like 2 minutes - i think a keyway sheared or fell out on the trans.

Well im gonna be dragging it 1,200 miles back home , and i keep leaning tward a offroad type tractor - even tho the deck works perfectly fine. Im thinking the deck will go on the 17HP hydro murray and the agway will get a bigger motor and wheels..... i need one anyway since the rest will be all lowered .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 9:46 am

right just finished two exams and have a week and 5 days off and quite frankly i have no idea what to do! the tractor is done and the only other thing to do is well I DUNNO

was thinking about building a kind of umm reversible pulley allowing fast speed and some lower, im not sure though i would have to make a belt tensioner thats switchable...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 9:49 am

right im going to a car boot sale sunday to see what i can pick up:P

hoping for a good old tractor or push mower
Back to top Go down
ncredleg
ncredleg

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 1:01 pm

bigbleuboy wrote:

was thinking about building a kind of umm reversible pulley allowing fast speed and some lower, im not sure though i would have to make a belt tensioner thats switchable...
If you could figure out some type of derailure-sic-, similiar to a multiple speed bicycle, with a stepped or dual pulley , it could probably be done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 1:48 pm

yeh but change da pulley size change the belt size Shocked

so id have to make a spring loaded clutch thing that would cancel the clutch out cause if you loosen the clutch then the spring would pull it tighter causing constant movement!
Back to top Go down
ncredleg
ncredleg

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 1:53 pm

bigbleuboy wrote:
yeh but change da pulley size change the belt size Shocked

so id have to make a spring loaded clutch thing that would cancel the clutch out cause if you loosen the clutch then the spring would pull it tighter causing constant movement!

Not if you had a separate spindle/pulley combo that had the clutch belt on one pulley and the belt to the deraillure on the other.These two would be the same size and on the same shaft.If you didn`t need reverse , this could be your transmission with just a RAGB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 1:59 pm

meh i think i have a better idea together just now! making new project
Back to top Go down
ncredleg
ncredleg

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 2:07 pm

Good!! cheers Please post pic or thoughts on it. I need ideas for my hot rod mower. pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 2:47 pm

well nothing as of yet at weekend will start by getting frame and stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2010, 3:24 pm

got back to the tractor tonight and decided to change the back pulley size, I got the pulley of the snapper transaxle and put it on the stock transaxle on the rally, it fitted fine although i didnt get it working because i dont have a correct size belt, i have a 7ft (84 inch belt) and an 88 inch belt( for the 9 inch what was on) and neither fit so im heading to local store to get an 86 inch belt that should work...

Question; is there anyway to calculate the speed of a lawn tractor? i have a 3.5 inch at the front and a 6.5 inch at the back now and the old one was 9 inch...
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 9:03 am

bigbleuboy wrote:
Question; is there anyway to calculate the speed of a lawn tractor? i have a 3.5 inch at the front and a 6.5 inch at the back now and the old one was 9 inch...

I wish there was some kind of program to do it, it would take out alot of the guess work.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2010, 7:18 pm

i got this website about pulley sizes and belt lengths:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/pulleybeltcalc.html

It doesnt say anything about final speed tho.

If you run too small a front pulley, youll just burn the belt off- the speed of the belt will be amplified running a larger motor pulley and also bring the RPMs down for more power- too small a rear pulley- same thing- burn the belt up or wreck the trans- wouldnt go smaller then 3" on the rear- but that might be too fast for offroad tho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2010, 12:01 pm

finished that! got a new belt and it works fine! slightly big and slips off if you push the clutch to hard but thats cause there is no guards on the rear to hold it on! that will be what ill do next
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 1:20 pm

i was thinking since my battery has gone to get charged, why haven't i put on a "back-up" solution, im not sure WHAT to put on, was thinking about a recoil starter or a pulley set up similar to dynamark-pickup's... what is the best idea?
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2010, 4:04 pm

Recoil starter is always good. Easy to do too. Hardest part is getting the recoil unit itself. I want to put one on my twin, but think of the compresson! affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 3:11 am

somone should design and patent a powered recoil starter, sorta like power steering!
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2010, 3:35 am

bigbleuboy wrote:
somone should design and patent a powered recoil starter, sorta like power steering!

SO an electric recoil starter? confused or like, powered in such a way its easier?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2010, 6:00 pm

yeh! maybe monkey

had a problem today the starter has broken... Sad damn and i just went and bought a 10 litre jerry can and filled my tractor to the brim!...

the starter has literately smashed the magnet at either side of the coil is smashed spent most of today picking out the fragments
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2010, 9:53 pm

uggg man that really sucks when crap like that happens but, can't hid from every problem, one will definitely find you for what were all using the lawnmowers for. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 5:28 am

yeh now i cant make a video! although on monday night i hope to get some flat steel to make a brace for the transaxle on my 4x4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 5:43 pm

good news and bad news...

the good; i fixed the starter problem, with a pulley and a rope... pulley is bolted on top of the engine allowing easy start-age!

the bad

got it home and unfortunately flipped it for the first time ever! affraid

here is some pictures of the damage...
woodland mower - Page 4 Dsc02510

woodland mower - Page 4 Dsc02511

then after a few hours of bashing it came out like this...

woodland mower - Page 4 Dsc02513

woodland mower - Page 4 Dsc02514

woodland mower - Page 4 Dsc02515

im really pleased i managed to fix it that well with no prior exp, although I might order flat plate and make a new front, also im going to paint it i hope!
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 7:11 pm

How on earth did you mange that? Looks like its fallen from some height like!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 8:07 pm

wow- ive flipped a few of my tractors and never did that- plate where the headlights were sounds like a good idea.

Just think of it as 'pre wrecking' the tractor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 6:52 am

yeh it flipped backwards of a hill, fortunately i got out of the way, i flipped it asap and everything else is fine, weird i know...

after i build a new front im going to re-enforce it all the fenders tooks the strain nice but the front just crumpled under it, maybe ill make a steel tubing front the opens the other way...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 6:54 am

im going to visit the site later and show you what happened, guess i was being stupid, maybe i should post the pictures on rolls crashes and plain stupid stuff
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 7:06 am

Haha, yeah post it there! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: woodland mower   woodland mower - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

woodland mower
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next