All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Empty
PostSubject: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2024, 3:55 am

https://www.bullseyeauctions.com/auctions/detail/bw120157

Thought people here might be interested in this, sorry for the short notice, I forgot about the auction until I was e-mailed by the auction house tonight. Though I am really tempted to buy some stuff just for parts, but, I already have enough carcasses laying around.

A lot of the older iron (wheel horse - power king) you guys look for when going off road that needs hefty parts. No hydros in this bunch :-D

A few of the items listed used the T-92 transmission. Which I gather is a sought after shaft drive transmission still being made.

I am not selling it, so, I didn't know where else to put the thread since it is only good for 24 hours.

I guess the heirs have no use for "all gear drive" tractors.

Back to top Go down
TechnoChicken
Established Member
TechnoChicken
Established Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2024, 7:30 am

JB_4x4 wrote:

Thought people here might be interested in this, sorry for the short notice, I forgot about the auction until I was e-mailed by the auction house tonight.   Though I am really tempted to buy some stuff just for parts, but, I already have enough carcasses laying around.

A lot of the older iron (wheel horse - power king) you guys look for when going off road that needs hefty parts.  No hydros in this bunch :-D

A few of the items listed used the T-92 transmission.  Which I gather is a sought after shaft drive transmission still being made.

I am not selling it, so, I didn't know where else to put the thread since it is only good for 24 hours.

I just googled that transmission (The site calls it the BT-92 for anyone else looking) and that is actually a really good consideration for any future projects, kinda insane that they still make that.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2024, 9:30 am

TechnoChicken wrote:
JB_4x4 wrote:

Thought people here might be interested in this, sorry for the short notice, I forgot about the auction until I was e-mailed by the auction house tonight.   Though I am really tempted to buy some stuff just for parts, but, I already have enough carcasses laying around.

A lot of the older iron (wheel horse - power king) you guys look for when going off road that needs hefty parts.  No hydros in this bunch :-D

A few of the items listed used the T-92 transmission.  Which I gather is a sought after shaft drive transmission still being made.

I just googled that transmission (The site calls it the BT-92 for anyone else looking) and that is actually a really good consideration for any future projects, kinda insane that they still make that.

That’s interesting, I just realized I saw one of those behind an 18hp vanguard for a few hundred bucks on marketplace a while back.
Back to top Go down
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2024, 11:20 am

I have been looking for those with older transmission that are shaft driven, now that I don't have the room or money to really spend, three of them are available :-D

My thing is not the transmission itself, it is having access to the housing and clutch discs that fit it aka the system. The smallest automotive transmission and clutch set up is usually way bigger then anything you would want in a 25 HP or under lawn or garden tractor. Then you have to attach it to a B&S since almost none of the auto transmissions are shaft driven.

The Economy tractor looks interesting too.

Back to top Go down
Ifitaintbroke
Ifitaintbroke

PostSubject: Re: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2024, 2:50 pm

Wow thats a lot of stuff.
Back to top Go down
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2024, 7:35 pm

Yes, a lot of cool stuff. The old garden tractors have not even hit $100. I bet there is stuff in the field edges not even accounted for because it is too hard to clear around it. My main thing is only having a 4 hour window for removal on a Friday. For me, that makes it impossible to bid on multiple big items because my large pickup to pull my 20 foot trailer is still being repaired. It can take a hour just to winch or move some larger items because they have no help with a forklift or skid steer to load.

ranch king pro 08 and Ifitaintbroke like this post

Back to top Go down
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2024, 12:42 pm

power king 2416 - sold for $345

economy all gear sold for $340

wheel horse 312-8 sold for $20 !

farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Auct-s10
Back to top Go down
Ifitaintbroke
Ifitaintbroke

PostSubject: Re: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2024, 1:31 pm

JB_4x4 wrote:
power king 2416 - sold for $345

economy all gear sold for $340

wheel horse 312-8 sold for $20 !

farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Auct-s10
Wow. And that wheel horse is a belt drive right? Guess that's the difference in value.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2024, 1:35 pm

The wheel horse is also probably 800lbs lighter than either of those other tractors, lol

MightyRaze and Ifitaintbroke like this post

Back to top Go down
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2024, 3:47 pm

I think the shaft drive BW T-92 is the main difference in value. Probably only two real bidders and each got his wanted tractor. If I had been able to actually get them home, the prices would have been higher on all three.

The wheel horse going by tractor data, is at least 400# lighter then the other two mowers. Which are more towards garden tractors vs. lawn tractors.

Ifitaintbroke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron   farm auction of old guy's stuff -  plenty of old iron Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

farm auction of old guy's stuff - plenty of old iron
Page 1 of 1