All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 8/19/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:54 pm

nice, im gonna do duals out the back of mine i think, when i get it
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 pm

@Tractor Man Jeff wrote:
Wish I could do that on my truck as it's a Naturally aspirated diesel V8. I could run true duals on it too. Very Happy

Yeah true dual on a desiel would be cool.
I dont see alot of desiels with truck duals.
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Most diesels have turbos so that wouldn't make it true duals. Well guys, I'm coming with that Vid. Here is some pics of the weather today. Snow! And of course, it's about gone right now. I had to hurry up and get the tractor in usable shape as we took the cub in for a much needed overhaul and restoration. Will look really nice. I will post pics of that sometime.

Back to top Go down
truckin42
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 pm

It look good the apposed fits in their nicely.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Sweet

My Vintage John Deere 110, 1967 model
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:59 am

Looks great!! That brush guard is perfect. I might have to make something like that on mine.
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:15 pm

It is excellent for pushing chicken pens around. A life saver for sure.
Back to top Go down
megamudder
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:26 am

sweet build man i got the same mower well the same body but im not sure if its a lt1000 or what but its a beast of a mower keep the pics commin
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:13 am

I won't be able to be around much as my job takes almost all of my time. I'll pop in every now and then.
Back to top Go down
MurrayMayhem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Thu May 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Where did you get those front hubs? Also nice lawnmower, i'm so stupid, I thought those style mowers were lt2000's, because my neighbor has one with a 20.5hp briggs opposed twin. Anyways love the mower, gonna do that with my neighbors now HEHEHE.
Back to top Go down
MurrayMayhem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Thu May 16, 2013 5:33 pm

@Tractor Man Jeff wrote:
OK, that's not it than. I could unplug it and it would start to shut off, then I would plug it back in and the engine would kick back on. What else would cause this?

I kind of did the same thing, mine was kohler and I just pulled it out of the solenoid and screwed it back in, do I cut the wires off?
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Thu May 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Ditch the whole thing if you can. If not, just cut the plunger off and screw it back on. Leaving it unplugged worked for me.
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:02 pm

So it's been a while since I posted so I'll do a little stroll down memory lane with some pics of previous versions of "Butch" as I called him. Then I'll get to the latest mods. First would be the obvious stock form.
 Next would be, in my opinion, the best and cleanest version. It looked very sporty with the full set of ATV wheels all around.
Next up it took on more a utility look with the addition of a brush guard, rear rack and front golf cart wheels.
The latest version is rather hacked and trashed, but with a twist of power with the addition of and 20hp oppy.
The up coming version will be a nice change. It will mimic the second version, but with a more aggressive look. A sneak peak pic will be in the next post. Stay tuned. Feel free to comment on wich one is your favorite. A side note, notice how the seat gets progressively worse in each picture. LOL:D 
Back to top Go down
Murray modder
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:53 pm

3rd picture, Just love the angle how it catches the mower's stance!
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:27 pm

I like the 4th pic... I prefer the atv wheels, but it looks way more complete/functional in that one.

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2016 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2016 Media thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2017!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Murray modder
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Lynchburg? That's only a few hours from me. (3)
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:39 pm

About 45 min east of richmond and 8 miles west of West Point. Come on over sometime if your in the area. Ok folks, here is the current look and a sneak peak of what to expect.
A while back, I bought a 86 honda TRX 125 for $50 bucks. It is missing some parts however, so till I get the money to get the parts, I borrowed the huge knobby rear tires for use as my new rear tires on Butch. Instead of using those no count golf cart tires, I decided to use the old rear tires on the front. Problem was, both the old set of rears and the 125's rear tires had different bolt patterns. Worse yet, the golf cart hubs also had different patterns too, so what to do? After looking at the golf cart hubs, I found I was able to make another set of four holes that would fit the old set of rear wheels.(From an 87 TRX 250x) The pics will show what I did.

Now for the back tires, IT was a matter of drilling a new set of four holes in the spindle to fit the 125 rears. Pics will explain.

Now this makes a problem in itself. The rears now are sucked in while the fronts are stuck way out. I'll have to extend the rear axles a little. This will involve making supports to avoid snapping the transaxle. This will be made using two idler pulleys with a 3/4" bore. For later though. As it stands, it is drivable, but silly looking. I am having an issue getting my engine to run. Issue started with a bad float. Soldered it and it no longer leaks. Still no go. Fuel just gushed out the top of the carb. Once running, it will start bogging down with black smoke. I'll shut off the fuel and it will smooth out but will just flood out the carb upon opening the feul valve again. I know the float is working so any help will help.
Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:43 pm

it has to be the float, or needle valve isnt sealing, or fuel mixtures set extremly high, or dirty carb
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:21 am

Looking good! Time to get a winch!

Check to make sure the float height is set correctly, and flip the carb over in your hands a few times listening and feeling to make sure the float is moving, and not hanging up. The design and placement of the gasket on these carbs has the potential to jam up the float. Trim around the hinge area with an exacto knife if necessary. Very closely inspect the fuel inlet needle and seat for trash and damage. It takes just the tiniest bit of junk to make it flood out just like you are describing. Having the fuel pump push the fuel makes a fault like that worse. You may have to replace the needle because it really can be hard to see a tiny nick or ding on it. Same goes for the seat, but it's tougher to replace.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:24 am

Thanks doc. I've tried checking that but maybe it's still no right. I'll check on that. I have a winch well sorta. It's a big belt driven right angle gear box with crazy gear reduction. If I can get the belts there will be the kicker.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:29 am

That'd sure be interesting. Meanwhile, there's no shame in mounting a manual, boat trailer winch or something like that, until you find something better. In fact, I think somebody here mighta just did that, and I did think of maybe doing that before I got my electric winch. When you're in a bind, any mechanical advantage you can get is a good one! Can be handy for pulling/towing things, too.

Yes- go back and recheck the fuel inlet system. Clearly, there's a problem there, ad the symptoms all point to the same thing.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:36 am

Thanks doc will do. Ps I'm in chat
Back to top Go down
FOSWMT
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi Jeof like the front disk on the adapters what did they come of of was looking for something similar . Looks good so far keep up the good work.

Regards

Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendsofspeckledwood.org.uk
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Hey guys, this project is still going strong. Lack of funds have made work slow. Still trying to find a transaxle. I stumbled on a smokin deal on another set of honda ATV wheels. 4 tires and 3 aluminum rims. Two rear rims and tires, and two front tires with one bent up front rim. All tires are mint with great tread. The rears are for butch. The front tires will go on the 87 TRX 250 parts ATV that has two good front rims. That will be a future project. Also got a set of TRX 125 wheels to do stuff with.(rears are in the pics above) Pics will come later this evening.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Webmaster
Webmaster

Forum Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:32 pm

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

Depending on how bad that one rim is, you might be able to fix it or run a tube.

_X_ MEMBER LOCATION THREAD ** FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Craftsman Rally Tractor "RV1"  ---- Agway GT Rebuild ---- 2016 Build-Off Entry "1238 GT"
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Oh, I could use it. It seals well, but would wobble awfully bad. Don't need it anyway. Got the other rims anyway. You may make out the warped rim in the pic.

Also got a mint hood. Great shape for $20.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread   

Back to top Go down

TMJ's Craftsman LT1000 Conversion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next