All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk

Go down 
+12
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Carshowkid
richie thomas
Doug
jonnya
redlinemotorsportts
Thunderdivine
kawasaki220
Moose
Angchor
TheBeal
Craftsman1998
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kawasaki220
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2014, 1:38 pm

I have already started collecting my parts and junk for my build got slots of parts already I just need to pick up the tractor it will be awesome n
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2014, 2:25 pm

LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
Moose wrote:
I don't think we should do a money prize if anything I'd say we should have the admins get together and build something and have that be the prize

Y'all have to remember though. These fine Admins of ours don't get paid at all for hosting this wonderful forum.  If they'd build something you gotta remember that it will what it will take to ship it.  Like Doug had the tools and peerless manuals and stuff. That can all be put into a small USPS Flat-Rate box and shipped. Most likely if they'd build something it would be fairly large, and shipping would be tremendous. I think the prizes should be somewhat close to what they are now.

Stickers are a must though... (we all love stickers, Right?)

Right you are, sir! An further to that... Doug Fackler went entirely out-of-pocket on the prizes for this contest. Huge props for that, he most certainly did not have to.
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2014, 4:40 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Right you are, sir! An further to that... Doug Fackler went entirely out-of-pocket on the prizes for this contest. Huge props for that, he most certainly did not have to.
Once again, I wish there was a "like" button here. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 1:17 am

yea thats is true doc i think the prizes are good enough and yes many hours ya do spend keeping it clean and tidy in here...stickers everyone loves some stickers lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 1:42 am

0o0 also it was very hard for me to vote on which one based off there wasent really any videos of them in action...if there was i couldnt find any
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 3:14 am

Next time! The prep time should be longer, to gather parts and so on.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 8:51 am

Doesn't look like ill participate next year. Unless I can do a go kart or mini bike deal, I'm out. I think that it should be the same time as this years buildoff, but more prep announcement time. Months in advance
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 10:14 am

yeah i agree it should be held the same time as this build off and we should be given more time to gather parts.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 12:02 pm

MTD2fst4u wrote:
0o0 also it was very hard for me to vote on which one based off there wasent really any videos of them in action...if there was i couldnt find any

Then... Go over the builds and vote based on the images you see, and the text you read. I feel a video (while helpful) doesn't always convey how much work went into a project.

Please... vote based on what info you DO have available.
Back to top Go down
DirtyD
Vendor
DirtyD
Vendor

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 1:28 pm

I hope y'all do have another build off again... I know I have already started gathering parts for it :'D btw, Doc, Im going to PM you a idea I have for a winner for the next time you do a build off.
Back to top Go down
http://woodlinepowesports.com

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 1:57 pm

i chose who i did cause there was just so much fabrication and hard work into the one i voted for plus theres endless mods there was just no one close enough lol plus its neat and one of kind forsure
Back to top Go down
jonnya

2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 4:39 pm

I guess with things like this you are always going to get non-finishers. If people are trying to out-do each other they will be stretching themselves in their skills and ideas. Time is always going to be tight though. I got all excited when I found out about a build off, wanted to enter my projecthttps://www.atltf.com/t4110-my-mtd-slammed-ratishrod-new-uk-member but I hadn't done the password thing and I also started it last summer and it took more than 6 months to complete, more like 9. I will def be entering the build off next year with my second idea (there is no-way I'd get the first one done in the time allowed, even with extension!) I'm keeping both of these ideas secret at the mo as they are both very silly, but also a challenge to engineer. They should both be a hoot to drive. Watch this space. Perhaps an Englishman giving you yanks a run for your money may spice things up, national pride!
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 6:12 pm

yeah for this build off i didn't go all out because i'm still learning and didn't want to start a project and not finish it so thats why i restored my tractor and turned it into a puller. next year i going all out its top secret only one person knows of my plans Twisted Evil But for now i'm focusing on my Racing/Offroad mower build.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 6:57 pm

yea im going to start collecting have a tiny collection now well of atleast engines i now have 4 engines and spare parts and what knots...i just couldnt never find a welder i liked for a reasonable price plus time lol but its ok i think the next one will be better and this one here will motivate others to do so next time aswell i failed miserably lol 2 entries and nothing lol mtd was all cracked up and with out a welder i didnt wanna go all out and break the mounts what hold the transaxle on the first little run so i just lost all interest in that pile of junk lol and the cub came out beautiful!!!! i wish i had that thing id be babying it lol u done a tremendous job on her
Back to top Go down
jonnya

2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 8:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 9:19 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
Moose wrote:
I don't think we should do a money prize if anything I'd say we should have the admins get together and build something and have that be the prize

Y'all have to remember though. These fine Admins of ours don't get paid at all for hosting this wonderful forum.  If they'd build something you gotta remember that it will what it will take to ship it.  Like Doug had the tools and peerless manuals and stuff. That can all be put into a small USPS Flat-Rate box and shipped. Most likely if they'd build something it would be fairly large, and shipping would be tremendous. I think the prizes should be somewhat close to what they are now.

Not entirely, I did get one donation and it helped out a lot.

I think starting in Jan and running till August or maybe even September is a good idea. The extension kind of threw everyone off. A full year is just too long and will make it too difficult to vote and stuff. Stepping up promotion on all of our part will help a lot too.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2014, 9:32 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Doc Sprocket wrote:
LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
Moose wrote:

Not entirely, I did get one donation and it helped out a lot.

I think starting in Jan and running till August or maybe even September is a good idea. The extension kind of threw everyone off. A full year is just too long and will make it too difficult to vote and stuff. Stepping up promotion on all of our part will help a lot too.

yea January till September would be a long good enough build time frame...next month ill be buying my welder so atleast ill have all my tools up to par for the next build lol
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2014, 4:43 pm

Well this was the first year we did it. Chances are, now that this looks like it will be an annual thing, more people might join in over the years and we might surpass the 20 finalist mark. Even if we had 10 finalists next year it would be a big win.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2014, 1:05 am

Doug Fackler wrote:
Well this was the first year we did it. Chances are, now that this looks like it will be an annual thing, more people might join in over the years and we might surpass the 20 finalist mark. Even if we had 10 finalists next year it would be a big win.
yea eventually i think this will get atltf where it needs to be where more people will see it and wanna join i mean theres over 20 active members almost every day but id like to see if like 50 or 60 that would be awesome!! and do ya think u will be in the next build off if work allows it i know you work alot
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2014, 7:52 pm

Ok, who's gonna weld up first, second, and third place trophys out of engine parts for next years competition?
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2014, 8:27 pm

mr.modified wrote:
Ok, who's gonna weld up first, second, and third place trophys out of engine parts for next years competition?
if someone can cover shipping, ill do it, if i can design them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2014, 10:07 pm

MTD2fst4u wrote:
Doug Fackler wrote:
yea eventually i think this will get atltf where it needs to be where more people will see it and wanna join i mean theres over 20 active members almost every day but id like to see if like 50 or 60 that would be awesome!! and do ya think u will be in the next build off if work allows it i know you work alot

I should be. I crunched hard this year, since I changed jobs and stuff. I have a project I want to start now but im holding off till after the snow melts.

Richie: Make up some designs and send them to me. Id be willing on having you send them to me so I can store them for next year.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2014, 3:45 pm

ok fellow members and admins...have any of you guys sat down and thought about the build time frame and when to start this year?? just wondering so i can start telling people and maybe have a better turn out of finished builds this year including me lol i know it may still be a little early in this category but just curious is all...also id participate in helping any way of prizes to the winners dont mind to help out at all
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2014, 4:26 pm

I think it should be about 9 months. That gives you about 3 months to get parts and another build lined up. I liked the way it was laid out this year. Should be organized the same way next year. There was one suggestion I'd like to add to the rules list, but I forget what it was ATM. Will edit that into this post if I remember.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2014, 6:08 pm

lol ok yea i know not everyone has the mula or a shop or the tools to do it and it takes others longer to finish there builds..which is ok for me aswell on the time frame i still have to get the stalker going all it needs is the stupid belt lol then im ready to test the pulley swap out..but i just figured since it was getting close to January i figured now be a good time to see what everyone thinks about it...maybe change some rules around or add them or see if its even worth the trouble of having another one or not...cant let doc in tho that new mule3 is going to be monster theres no comparison to what he has probably has up his sleeves for it lol
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2014, 6:21 pm

Oh yes I remember now. I think as long as it is built from mower parts and such it should be ok. Like frostypaws had that snowmachine that he built from mower parts. I think that as long it is an off-road type machine built from mower parts it should be good. But that is up to doc and the admins I guess..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next