All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Craftsman off road tractor

Go down 
+11
fetters18
Ford Boi
indianaboy93
MSteele323
CMHN
Yamaharules163
Webmaster
Chunk
dangeroustoys56
arild365
motorhead45102
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
motorhead45102

Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 11:15 am

just a small update, right now im not doing anything to the beast since its raining Mad but that means more sloppy trails. too bad im not finished with the beast, but this was taken with the good cam but somthing about the face cover on the volt gauge makes the camera blurr the gauge numbers but its a voltage meter gauge so i can keep an eye on battery voltage will im riding. it would let me know if the battery is charging or not or if i stab a hole in the battery and leak all the acid then the charge will go down not that it will happen but it all depends on how rough im riding the thing but the battery shouldn't be bothered too much were its at.

[img]Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Dscf0014[/img]
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 4:56 pm

How does that volt meter hook up to the battery? Seems like a good idea!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 5:37 pm

how much was it cause i really need one.

It just probably hooks up to the positive and negitive terminals on the battery.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2010, 9:54 pm

yes it hooks up positive and negative, really easy, but some updates again, i got the rims welded, idk if you can tell in the pic but i layed a nice stack of dimes bead (and i freaking love 220 mig welders with cover gas SO NICE) and she is NOT coming off if something ill rip the rim in half ok here is some pics:

ok first two pics are the rims welded angle views

[img]Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Dscf0015[/img]

also the rims are not welded in the only spot you see.

[img]Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Dscf0016[/img]

but i don't know how the keys will hold, if i snap them in the first five minutes of driving ill think of another way, but ill see how long she holds.
next view is from the rear, i have a wide wheel base now= more stability. also you can see the hood to the mower in the back round. lol.
[img]Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Dscf0017[/img]

ok the next pic is the width of the wheel base from side to side from the out side of the tires, which is 44" inches, it looks like its 43 but i did the sides of the side walls.
[img]Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Dscf0018[/img]
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 9:02 am

Thats crazy! I'll be keeping an eye on this... I'm thinking of putting car tires on mine. 155/80/r13... There the smallest I could get, about 22-23 inches tall. I'm just worried about snapping the trans like a toothpick. What trans do u have in there? And did you re-gear or is it still stock speed?
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 9:29 am

I haven't test drove it yet! but the trans case says foote on it but it matches up with a peerless off of a manual i found. and i haven't changed the pulley yet so its still stock right at the moment, i would go out and test drive it right now but its raining, but the bright side is, more water and mud. Now i need to extend the spindles on the front to put my old rears on the front. I also found out i don't have a trans clicking noise it turns out the belt is slipping in one spot making almost a clicking type of chirp. maybe ill hook up my push button start, idk i have only a shed to work in, but better than grass or gravel, i hate working on gravel i lost so much crap in gravel it isn't funny.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 9:33 am

also thats why i have the keys on their still, so i can break them and not some much of the trans, i wish the trans housing wasn't aluminum cause i could probably snap it if i had the wheels in a bind and revv and dump the clutch in 6 gear , but i would think i would snap either the belt or the keys before the trans.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 3:49 pm

Yeah, thats what I'm going to do... The keys seem like a good "fuse point". I geared mine up, which I am now regreting... I may try it and if it's too fast, I may have to bump it up a size or two.

It's raining like crazy here too.... it sucks
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 4:20 pm

same its pissing down rain here too
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 4:50 pm

Funnily enough, across the big pond, its also raining like crazy here in Scotland. Heavy snow was forecast but it got warmer suddenly. Which is good, my driving test is in about 16 hours! Glad its not snowing, would have gotten cancelled probably affraid

Im hoping my tranny will last too. With 22 inch Bearclaws it will really bite. Have to take it a bit easy on my peerless 930
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 4:55 pm

arild365 wrote:
same its pissing down rain here too

OMG it's rainning by me too and i'm in Delaware.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 8:20 pm

hey i have a video update on youtube heres the link.
i just NOW uploaded it so idk if you can view it yet, also i noticed youtube changed some stuff around, like the way the videos are displayed and how they use comments and so on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FgrxrOaY_Q
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 8:00 am

motorhead45102 wrote:
hey i have a video update on youtube heres the link.
i just NOW uploaded it so idk if you can view it yet, also i noticed youtube changed some stuff around, like the way the videos are displayed and how they use comments and so on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FgrxrOaY_Q

O great.... Rolling Eyes Why dont they just leave it alone. I swear, everytime I log on, something else has changed on there.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 10:00 am

well good luck on your drivers test. Cant wait to get mine! bounce That air filter is pretty sweet and the gas pedal looks heavy duty.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 8:07 pm

can anyone figure out how many size smaller on a belt if i was going from a 8in pulley to 5 in, like how many sizes would i have to drop? im not sure
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 8:55 pm

hey man, what i did is i took an old belt and cut it so its one straight piece. Then i put the belt back in then i reattached the belt with some tape and broght it to the local shop and compared the belts til i got the a belt just a little smaller cause its better to have em tight than loose. you could also use a rope or string for the mesurement
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 9:11 pm

and did you do that with the clutch pushed in and parking brake set?
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 9:14 pm

no the clutch WAS in and parking brake set but if you do it with the clutch out leave it with enough slack to be able to slide around the tranny pulley but tight enough to stay on.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 9:15 pm

thats what i asked if you have it pushed in as if you were pushing it with your foot
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 9:17 pm

yes push it in but make sure you have enough slack when its pushed in so the belt spins when the clutch is in
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2010, 9:21 pm

got ya, well im not going to do that at the moment for as i have not welded the smaller pulley to the other hub yet Neutral
i also need to take the front spindles out and weld on the bolt extension like fearless did so i can have bigger front wheels, then im also going to idk when drop the front axle like fearless did, idk if ill do it the same way but if i can't figure anything out ill do it that way.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 6:22 pm

I only dropped it an inch and gained tons of flex. Then I ground away any metal that contacted the frame. you can get alot out of a stock machine, but the slightest drop and it incresses the amount of travel by alot!
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 6:55 pm

Yeah, I dropped mine by about an inch too, really helped with axle movement!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 7:26 pm

Its kinda ironic that i raised mine an inch in the front and really doesnt look any different or lower- LOL!
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 8:45 pm

hey small slightly not a mower update but im going to use it for an update.
i got the new angle grinder in the mail or it was shipped to my house, it was free shipping and the grinder was only 15 bucks on ebay, i have it and it works, now tomarrow im going to test it out. heres a two pics of it.
its from northern tools, the box it shipped in
[img]Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Dscf0019[/img]
and the grinder itself
[img]Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Dscf0020[/img]

its cheap idont care but as long as it gets what i need done, never heard of the brand though, lol all well. now i can cut things up i need to cut, yeah! now i need a welder Sad
im going to see how long it last, tomarow im going to use it to grind the pop rivets on my ball joint on my car cause its bad and about to come out.
ok try not to get too off topic but, idk if rules apply to this but if not good, and if anyone needs a grinder, you can order the same one i got for the same price its still on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2010, 9:35 pm

motorhead45102 wrote:
tomarow im going to use it to grind the pop rivets on my ball joint on my car cause its bad and about to come out.

Wow, sounds just like my truck! is it a GM? lol Its like they build them so u CANT work on em...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman off road tractor   Craftsman off road tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftsman off road tractor
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next