All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Troublesome Two Stroke

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

Troublesome Two Stroke Empty
PostSubject: Troublesome Two Stroke   Troublesome Two Stroke Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Hello,
I've been working on an Alco LT 250 trimmer lately and it's giving me a bit of a headache. First of all, it wont start. It's got spark, fuel, air and compression. First off, I had to fix the starter but I cant get it fired up. It's got resonable compression and its wetting the plug. I tried putting some petrol down the carb throat and down the plug hole but still nothing. I even tore it all apart to check if the flywheel key had sheared and it hasnt. When I was pulling it over, the spark plg flew out and hit me in the face, but thankfully didnt damage the threads.

Any ideas guys?
Back to top Go down
Customrust
Customrust

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Two Stroke   Troublesome Two Stroke Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 7:16 pm

You might try a leakdown test. Sometimes a two stroke wont run if the crank seals are totally shot. With the leakdown test you basically block off the intake and exhaust, and pump the engine up to like 8psi and see how much pressure it'll hold for 30min or so.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Two Stroke   Troublesome Two Stroke Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 11:22 am

Thanks for your help. I performed the leak down test and it seems to be holding reasonable pressure. The seals seem okay. Crankcase bolts are tight. Maybe the coil is not producing enough spark/or none under combustion. I did put my finger on the plug while pulling it over and it did zap me quite a bit. Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troublesome Two Stroke   Troublesome Two Stroke Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Troublesome Two Stroke
Page 1 of 1