All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

what is your seat of choice?

Go down 
+3
Brianator
TechnoChicken
FatMike
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

what is your seat of choice? Empty
PostSubject: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2022, 7:26 am

Tractor seats........they almost always seem to be ripped or falling apart, which do you prefer, I'm mostly thinking about how they are put together with the seat cover attachment to the pan.

I prefer the steel seat pan but a good solid plastic one is OK.

I prefer the covers that wrap around like this:
these can be taken off and put back on easily
what is your seat of choice? Tracts10

I hate the ones with the edging that always seems to come apart:
(most likely do to my heavy-wide behind)
what is your seat of choice? Tracts12

I'm not even going to get into the highback, lowback, suspension or arm rest seats.
Back to top Go down
TechnoChicken
Established Member
TechnoChicken
Established Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2022, 7:48 am

Seat of choice? An air ride seat, always wanted one of those on my tractor, but honestly, whatever seat I have lying around is my seat of choice...
Back to top Go down
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2022, 8:08 am

TechnoChicken wrote:
Seat of choice? An air ride seat, always wanted one of those on my tractor, but honestly, whatever seat I have lying around is my seat of choice...
Yeah that's pretty much how it goes around here.......whatever I can find but I prefer those wrap around rubber seat covers far more than the vinyl that cracks.
Back to top Go down
TechnoChicken
Established Member
TechnoChicken
Established Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2022, 8:21 am

FatMike wrote:
TechnoChicken wrote:
Yeah that's pretty much how it goes around here.......whatever I can find but I prefer those wrap around rubber seat covers far more than the vinyl that cracks.
I have a ton of vinyl seats with cracks in them, if you don't duct tape them and they get water in them they leak water into your butt when you sit on them, I don't think i've seen any rubber ones to be honest...
Back to top Go down
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2022, 8:39 am

TechnoChicken wrote:
FatMike wrote:
TechnoChicken wrote:
I have a ton of vinyl seats with cracks in them, if you don't duct tape them and they get water in them they leak water into your butt when you sit on them, I don't think i've seen any rubber ones to be honest...
Yeah wet tractor butt is no fun at all. what is your seat of choice? 1f62c
The top picture I posted is a rubber seat and it just wraps around the edge of the pan, I think I only have one and when I really started looking at it and the other seats I have I realized just how much simpler and better it is than vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2022, 9:47 am

I've never seen the rubber seats either but I like the fact it's removable, that could potentially mean that the cover is replaceable (only if the company supports it).  I know the vinyl seats are laminated together and not recoverable unless you find the right upholsterer but expect to pay at least double what a new seat would cost!

My seat of choice would be a reasonably priced seat!

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2022, 11:16 am

Oh without a doubt Murray Widebody highback seat. The low backs are just as durable but not at all as comfortable. I have a low back on the Mountain Murray and it is very uncomfortable after a few minutes and I have a highback on Ole Blue and it is wonderful! This is definitely what you’re looking for… fits every one of those categories you mentioned… (I feel like it’s worth mentioning that I’ve never seen one ripped or torn)

what is your seat of choice? F443b310

FatMike likes this post

Back to top Go down
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2022, 12:49 pm

Too funny I was just poking around looking at all the 34 browser tabs I have open and seen my photo's tab and clicked on it out of boredom and my entry into the build off was the 1st picture with a rubber seat on it, I only have one or two of them seats around here.
\what is your seat of choice? Indytr11

The high back seats are more comfortable, that's all we really have on the mowers at work and if TORO could ever get OUR new mowers built I'd be mowing sitting on a very cushy suspension seat, if I remember it had 7" of travel, armrests and the whole console/dash moves with it, very plush to make a day of mowing a breeze.what is your seat of choice? Toro4010

If they don't get them built I'll be back on this old dinosaur that had a suspension seat several years ago but now it just beats the snot out of me sometimes it gets so bad I just stop the mower and let it settle down then proceed very slowly hoping it breaks in half and burns to the ground.
what is your seat of choice? Img_2021

TechnoChicken likes this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2022, 8:15 pm

Anything that wraps around like the murray seat and does not have a seam holder.  Like the first pic in the first post.

what is your seat of choice? Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
what is your seat of choice? Sig214what is your seat of choice? Sig314
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2022, 10:41 pm

what is your seat of choice? D2ae4c10

Here’s an oldie but goodie. Recently just put this seat on my blue rally mower. Came off a dynamark (Murray). Gets hot as heck in the summer. But rather comfy. The back is angled weird so you can’t really lean back into it unless you want to go full recline mode. Hands down the most durable seat I’ve ever had. My second best would be a low back AYP seat. Only because it felt like I was more cradled into it when coming hot into turns.
what is your seat of choice? A454fa10
Don’t mind all the pictures from last decade lol. But that’s the AYP seat I meant.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2022, 1:21 am

I forget if I found this seat on amazon or where it was, but it's a lot lighter than a normal metal base with foam padding tractor seat. It's a bit on the small side unfortunately. Not even sure if it's gonna work all that great because I haven't tried it. But for $15 new, I figured I could risk it.
what is your seat of choice? Simpli21

Nevadablue and TechnoChicken like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is your seat of choice?   what is your seat of choice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is your seat of choice?
Page 1 of 1