All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Got a new project…

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Austin_Gore
Austin_Gore

Got a new project… Empty
PostSubject: Got a new project…   Got a new project… Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2022, 11:07 pm

Alright I traded the 85 Craftsman for something even better…

A Craftsman 91725742 I don’t know the year quite yet but she is a nice one. Does it have rust you may be wondering… yes but it’s just surface rust but a wire wheel and rust neutralizer and a fresh coat of paint or maybe just some rust neutralizer and clear coat to keep the antique/vintage look to her/him (haven’t decided yet). But I do need some help with finding parts ie “front grille, carburetor or carburetor rebuild kit, possibly a gas tank ““currently full of water hopefully I don’t need a engine too” if I do I’ll probably put Predators new Ghost Engine on it or if I can find a horizontal shaft v-twin I slap that in her/him and do a custom exhaust on her/him.”

Got a new project… 93328610

And I’m sorry this is the only picture I have currently should’ve took some earlier when I was there. If anyone knows of or has any of the parts I stated above please let me know please and thank you.

MightyRaze, Brianator, Nevadablue, MN mudder and FatMike like this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Got a new project… Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a new project…   Got a new project… Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2022, 12:35 am

1973/1974 Sears ST/16.  That Tecumseh engine if it does not work, probably best to get a new engine for it as parts are $$$.  Also, that engine weighs well over a hundred lbs.  Don't hurt yourself.  Tractor is very cool and sturdy.  Biggest frame weakness is where the engine plate bolts to the back 2/3 transaxle section. (3 bolts) Sometimes that section holds dirt and rusts through if left out all the time.  Nose cones.... hmm. Ebay is the best option but can be pretty $$.  Google fixing Sears Suburban Nosecone.  Looks like you may have enough there to fix it? (There are some good examples over at mytractorforum)  Or do you just need some expanded metal?  If so check out Lowes or tractor supply.  Maybe some scrap metal off something with expanded metal?

Pro tip, when you change the oil in the Roper 633a transaxle.  Pour it in though the shifter.  (4 bolts) don't use the fill tube.  5 qts 30 weight non detergent.  You can find it at Tractor supply.  I've even used 5qts 30W bar and chain oil.

Cool find!  I have 2.
Got a new project… Img_0127Got a new project… Img_0045

Got a new project… Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Got a new project… Sig214Got a new project… Sig314

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
MN mudder
MN mudder

2022 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Finalist

Got a new project… Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a new project…   Got a new project… Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2022, 11:31 am

That's a nice-looking tractor! I also got one with a suburban 12 hood and grill and a 14 hp Kohler. like mighty said that nose cone/grill looks like it might have enough to fix it. I think a v-twin in there would be pretty dang cool!

TechnoChicken likes this post

Back to top Go down
Austin_Gore
Austin_Gore

Got a new project… Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a new project…   Got a new project… Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2022, 8:11 pm

Where the hinge is is where the fiberglass is broken😞 And are those the stock rims on the one with the SunF tires and if so what size are they?
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Got a new project… Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a new project…   Got a new project… Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2022, 9:55 pm

The beautiful thing about fiberglass is it's fairly easy to work with! If you ran some sheetmetal along the inside edge and riveted it from the outside in you could make a patch(es) to fill any missing pieces (if there are any) then lay a full sheet all the way across on the outside then on the inside over the sheetmetal and past it a little and it would end up being stronger than stock. With some sanding and filling and smoothing on the outside noone would suspect it was broken after it's painted,  trust me,  I've basically rebuilt things in this manner including a broken a$$ canoe!  Lol.

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Got a new project… Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a new project…   Got a new project… Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2022, 12:00 am

Fronts yes.  Stock.  The tires are 19x7x8.  Rear no, not stock.

When you get the chance show us the break. Like mentioned.  The bottom second on mine was busted, but I put in a piece of metal and screwed it in, bondo'd it to hide.  Can't tell today unless you open the hood and look. Or.. get close enough to tell my bad bondo job.  LOL

Got a new project… Img_0131 Got a new project… Img_0130

Got a new project… Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Got a new project… Sig214Got a new project… Sig314

FatMike likes this post

Back to top Go down
TechnoChicken
Established Member
TechnoChicken
Established Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Got a new project… Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a new project…   Got a new project… Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2022, 6:48 am

Brianator wrote:
The beautiful thing about fiberglass is it's fairly easy to work with! If you ran some sheetmetal along the inside edge and riveted it from the outside in you could make a patch(es) to fill any missing pieces (if there are any) then lay a full sheet all the way across on the outside then on the inside over the sheetmetal and past it a little and it would end up being stronger than stock. With some sanding and filling and smoothing on the outside noone would suspect it was broken after it's painted,  trust me,  I've basically rebuilt things in this manner including a broken a$$ canoe!  Lol.
Sanding and filling being important, my grandpa bought a tractor with a riveted hood patch, looked stupid as heck.
Oh, and by the way, cool tractor man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got a new project… Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a new project…   Got a new project… Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a new project…
Page 1 of 1