All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

v twin briggs side engine tin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

briggs - v twin briggs side engine tin Empty
PostSubject: v twin briggs side engine tin   briggs - v twin briggs side engine tin Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2023, 10:18 pm

Do i need to replace the tin on the sides of this v twin?? I'm installing twin stacks and this tin is a pain to deal with....I have open sides with an open frame built for the hood......I would think the open sides would be enough to keep the heat down???.....but you guys are the experts...... thanks for any opinions......
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: v twin briggs side engine tin   briggs - v twin briggs side engine tin Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2023, 10:25 pm

The tins usually direct the air from the fan shroud to across the heads for cooling so for a machine that's not going to be traveling fast enough to air cool I'd say they're pretty important. You may be able to do a little bit of trimming though, can you post pictures so we can better advise?

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: v twin briggs side engine tin   briggs - v twin briggs side engine tin Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2023, 11:38 pm

thanks for the info I'll do a little trim on the lower end flap.......that darn bolt on the bottom is the problem for me.....I will have to secure it somehow because the regulater is screwed onto it.....Ill see if i can get some pix when I finish the project......
Back to top Go down
TechnoChicken
Established Member
TechnoChicken
Established Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: v twin briggs side engine tin   briggs - v twin briggs side engine tin Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2023, 6:55 am

Brianator wrote:
The tins usually direct the air from the fan shroud to across the heads for cooling so for a machine that's not going to be traveling fast enough to air cool I'd say they're pretty important. You may be able to do a little bit of trimming though, can you post pictures so we can better advise?
It also sounds like there is an exhuast being rerouted nearby, the tins should (In theory) also act like a heat shield.
Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: v twin briggs side engine tin   briggs - v twin briggs side engine tin Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2023, 7:30 am

I think you guys sold me on the tin, I"l get it put back in place after i get the pipes positioned.......... thanks .....

MightyRaze and TechnoChicken like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: v twin briggs side engine tin   briggs - v twin briggs side engine tin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

v twin briggs side engine tin
Page 1 of 1