All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet

Go down 
+6
rarbaugh07
craftsmancole
Stretch44875
1997 Murray
mr.modified
redlinemotorsportts
10 posters
AuthorMessage
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Empty
PostSubject: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2015, 9:59 pm

Success is the word i can use for this trip we've been planning for a few months now.

Some poser pictures.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11120910
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11195411
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11186410

Doug/MM getting stuck in the river
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11198811
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11195412
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11125410

Making our way down stream, MM highsiding underwater again, doug to the rescue
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11208910
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11210110

Doug flipping over and crushing his grill and hood. Just cosmetic stuff
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11216010

I found a little creek with a bunch of silt. My tires hook awesome on everything but as soon as it hits mud they suck.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11215910
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11117710

Crawling some of the smaller creeks
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11195310
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11124810

The unassisted-uncrossable river (meaning no winching) stands up to its record and everyone didnt make it across on their own.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11216011
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11212311

Bumpy creek bed
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11208911
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11215911

My junk stuck in river silt
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11186411

Weather was picture perfect, i went thru 2 gallons of fuel and nobody got hurt or major break downs.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2015, 9:55 am

Those river crossings were pretty tough. I'll have video and junk on in a few days probably. Tried revving the heck out of the sears and ramming over rocks, still didn't break anything. Worked out good.
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2015, 10:35 am

looks like you guys had fun. Doug that sucks about the grill, my squarebody flipped out of my pickup and broke the headlight.
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2015, 11:10 am

Looks like a great time. Have to get together with the mowrons at some point.
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2015, 5:53 pm

redlinemotorsportts wrote:

Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11186410
I like the eye patch on Doug's Craftsman
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2015, 7:34 pm

Thanks guys.

When he flipped it, it smashed the lense. Hes probably going to buy a new grill and hood anyways.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2015, 9:10 pm

You don't usually find too many spots that look like desert in pennsylvania, so I had to get this shot.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4213_zpskxahzffi

Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4215_zpsf3nqwnnj

First picture was taken in that clearing you can just see in the background. You can just make out the rocks.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4214_zpsolecgm33

Exhaust plate I bolted on to quiet things down a little.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4217_zpstgmarst3

What looks to be model T ford transmission drums that I noticed in the woods. Looks like someone else found it and set it there so I left it. There are supposed to be three drums for low gear, reverse, and brakes. The middle one is gone for some reason. Looks like it has been broken out somehow. Cotton lined bands clamp down around the drums enguaging what you wanted, the gears always are meshed.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4218_zpskobimjsh

Stuffed toucan hooked to a tree near the transmission parts.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4220_zpsww145c2k

Doug Facklers super headlight repair. I thought it looked cooler smashed into the engine, but he got it straightened back out pretty good.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4221_zpsvrtzy7rd

The craftsman liked to pick the front wheels off the ground even with the v twin weighing it down. All that RAW POWER on tap was almost too much for doug to handle... Or maybe the 300lbs of extra fuel and equipment for all three tractors loaded on a rack that was 2 or 3 feet out behind the rear axle.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4224_zpsr5sfbe8m

Redlinemotorsportts machine sporting some fancy header paint and super high tech front suspension.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4216_zpsa2g7vsea

I think what we've gotta do is put a separate rear axle in, moved back maybe 3" or so from where it is now, widen to the same as the front, maybe put it on some springs somehow, and it would look pretty neat. Extra ground clearance. I should have measured ground clearance and specs of everyones setups for the heck of it, but I didn't think about it.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4226_zpsytgzrt89

The Fackler machine with some nifty side pipes with removable mufflers. I noticed some nice factory looking billets/tubes where they bolt to the frame. Makes it looks clean that way. Dougs rear carrying rack took some abuse from the front bumper of the sears and the redline machine. Held up pretty good. Couldn't smash into the back of redline because he had his tire pump strapped on due to a rear tire leak. I assumed he would have been miffed if I squished it. No damage to the back of the sears. I wouldn't have minded a few bumps, but I wasn't begging for hours of bumper repair when I got back either. Next time manditory everyone has matching bumpers front and rear...
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4227_zpss9x08ayg

Originally it was supposed to rain in the afternoon or something, but turns out the whole weekend was pretty clear.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4231_zps6ni0wrga

Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4234_zpsx3rd6dmq

I'm not really a stack kind of person, but I had to stop and pick this up on the way home. Saw it laying on the highway. Few dings and scrapes from falling off whatever it used to be on, but might be able to use it for something.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  IMG_4236_zps1g6aaghe

I found some sun glasses and hung them on my shirt, then a few minutes later while leaning over to loop a tow strap on the sears axle, they fell off and into the stream. Doug might have a picture somewhere. Video highlights coming soon.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2015, 9:22 pm

Some video screen shots of doug i found reviewing the future video
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11198710
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  11195311

My Go Pro video is up at least, still another to post, ill give a few days to spread out.
Back to top Go down
rarbaugh07
rarbaugh07

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2015, 11:31 pm

Its a great wheelin trip when theres no broken vehicle/human parts. Water crossings always give me an Erie feeling. Looked like a blast.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2015, 4:13 pm

rarbaugh07 wrote:
Its a great wheelin trip when theres no broken vehicle/human parts. Water crossings always give me an Erie feeling. Looked like a blast.

One thing i found out is water is a little deciving. Always deeper than it looks by 6-10" in spots. what looks smooth always has a rock thaat you can bottom out on under water. Big issue was the slimy rocks would make you spin and make a instant hole in the rocks and get stuck. I personally think i could have gotten across or really close but mr.mod had his juek sears in the way like you see in the video when the water swept me up.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2015, 6:26 pm

It looks like you guys had a hell of a good time, with some great terrain and weather to go with. You got some terrific pictures, too. Totally jealous! Wink
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Established Member
Creepycrawler
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2015, 9:59 pm

Looks like an awesome place to ride, great pics too guys. I also would be down if you decide to ride there again, I could convoy over with the mowrons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2015, 10:39 pm

Hold onto your pants ladies. Day 1 pics are here.

Sears made it across not once but twice unassisted, but the return didnt work so well. Had to fernangle it out with the Craftsmans winch.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  QTcl1A8

Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  KgTrunE

Red fixing his juek. Right as we started too. hue.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  D6nN3Hw

Rock beach glamour shots.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  J7WrZme

Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  GE9XZUY

Figuring out where the hell we were going to go next, the hill was pretty steep and a lot of brush.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  ZJfhfAf

Red trying out my junk. Probably jinxed it and thats why...
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  UKdnchl

...this happened. Left tire caught a twig, tried to go up so I leaned front, foot slipped off the clutch in 3rd and over I went. Aside from the cosmetic damage, nothing and nobody was hurt. Didnt get it on film either.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  V23wdFn

Lollygaggin.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  XitM7fE

Installing a hi-tec GoPro mount.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Vkl7VMi

"Ah, itll be fine" I about died laughing from this. Just shimming stuff with pinecones.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  RVikkze

Zip tie for maximum clampage.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Jj4Jjkw

Ballin.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Y6FQixO

Special kid goofing off at camp.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  NZGW6KZ

Creek turned out to be a formidable opponent, as even these two goofs couldnt make it.
Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  JwpvLQE

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
rarbaugh07
rarbaugh07

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2015, 11:35 pm

The rock beach looks like Disney, OK where we take our full size rigs. Beautiful terrain I must say.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2015, 5:00 pm

I gotta go back and find those sunglasses.

Creepycrawler wrote:
Looks like an awesome place to ride, great pics too guys. I also would be down if you decide to ride there again, I could convoy over with the mowrons Very Happy

I thought we were lucky to not tick off too many people. Especially with redline redlining the MTD near people's houses. Definitely draws less attention when Doug is riding his personal riding area alone, but worked out good this time. If your in the wrong spot at the wrong time you could potentially get yelled at. I don't think we bothered anyone too bad while we were there though. The sears could be quieted down some more too. My baffles added to the megaphone are a big help, but still louder than a good muffler.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2015, 9:24 pm

Im just glad UTV guy didnt yell at us.

Those sunglasses were killer and im sad for you that you lost them. Ill have to look when im back up there in 2 weeks. lol

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2015, 7:11 am

Pffffft, my 2 mode exhaust worked like a charm.

Sears woulda looked cooler if you hit that tree with the light bar. Trail damage.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2015, 12:53 pm

Ehh, sunglasses probably swept downstream. And yeah would have been cool to smash into the tree but probably would break your wrists or something on impact...
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2015, 8:56 pm

Ok, finally got what footage I had edited. Most of this from the first trip out. Doug losing a rear wheel key in the stream, the baja sears stuck on some big underwater rocks, and the only known footage of just after Doug's craftsman flips over. I thought I remember taking video of the exhaust bubbling underwater, but the camera must not have turned on when I wanted it too because I can't find it.

Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2015, 3:30 pm

Got my video up too. Check em out people!
Back to top Go down
802 Customs
802 Customs

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2015, 5:53 pm

Looks like a blast, and a really awesome place to ride. Glad you guys had fun. I'm in VT, so I'm not too far away. I was talking to Sebastian, and maybe if it's alright with you guys I could tag along another time when my junk is done.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitimeMay 11th 2015, 9:03 pm

Youre probably about a 7hr drive away. Youre close to Barre, right?

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet    Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redlinemotorspotts, Doug Fackler, and Mr.modifieds rompin' PA meet
Page 1 of 1