All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes   RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 11:28 pm

So i went out to go get the mail on the minibike, on the way back the rod let go and locked her up. Whooooops. I think I'll get another 3hp with a good rotating assembly and do some mods and put her back together. I'd go bigger but I'm not in the mood to buy a ¾" clutch

RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 20190744
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
RichieRichOverdrive

Forum Rep : 101

PostSubject: Re: RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes   RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Picked this up for $30 yesterday, guess it fits into this thread...

85 Suzuki LT250F. Previous owner said it needed a coil or something ignition related. Supposedly it shuts down when it gets hot.
RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 20190745
RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 20190746

First thing i did was rewind the pull start. Pulls over fine, feels like it has compression.
RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 20190747

I pulled it over and checked spark. Seems to have some. I haven't checked compression yet. I sprayed some carb cleaner down the carb but still didn't get a fire. Guess I'm gonna check valve lash next
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master
CraftsmanQuad19

Forum Rep : 132

PostSubject: Re: RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes   RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 5:11 pm

That looks pretty good for 30 bucks!
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 109

PostSubject: Re: RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes   RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 5:33 pm

speaking of clutches, you can get centrifugal clutches pretty cheap if you look. I forget where I got one, amazon or BMI karts maybe. But it was way less than the $40-50 they are normally priced at. Looked decent enough too. 5hp and 3.5hp briggs have the same crankshaft I think. 5hp is a big improvement. Same mounting bolt pattern also.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
RichieRichOverdrive

Forum Rep : 101

PostSubject: Re: RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes   RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 8:30 pm

So I ended up selling the ATV for $150. Couldn't ever get it to run, or even pop really. Good riddance anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes   RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RichieRichOverdrive's Bikes
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic Project Builds-
Jump to: