All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

General mower builds

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

General mower builds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 7:27 am

I checked out the prices... DANG!
Back to top Go down
gimpyrobb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
gimpyrobb

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 5:29 am

Been working on the murry widebody for Griffin. Has anyone else had issues with putting smaller pulleys on the transaxle? I put a 4" on since it is what was sitting around and the belt dumped into the shifter rod.  I am in the process of making a larger pulley to work around it, but I was wondering what others have done. I think there was also a height issue, but I can work around that too with the custom pulley.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 498

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 8:59 am

I had to make some new belt guides on mine when I went smaller.

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 56

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 9:59 am

Yeah changing pulleys on widebodys aren't as easy as Craftsmans. Mine rubs the shifter on the MM, but I plan to do something to fix that on my other widebody.

The rubbing on the shifter isn't THAT big of a problem, but it could still be fixed. When you put your idler in, make sure you have the belt running on the INSIDE of the shifter instead of the outside. The belt will cover more surface area of the pulley that way hence less belt slippage. You may need to build a new clutch that way though.
Back to top Go down
gimpyrobb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
gimpyrobb

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 9:59 am

Got any pics or links to build threads?
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 498

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 10:58 am

Here is how I solved the belt rub on the shifter.  Pretty similar to Fearlessfront's.

General mower builds - Page 2 07091710

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
gimpyrobb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
gimpyrobb

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 2:05 pm

Your pic gave me lots of hope, even though it turned out not to work in many ways. Tried an oppy on the mower, no dice, too much hood cutting. Went with a 15.5 Kohler. I did do a similar idler, but its wide, so it pushes on both directions of the belt. I measured with a worn out 1/2 inch belt and got 92.5 inches, turns out a 94inch 5/8 belt is what is needed. Now all I need to do is create a wire harness for power on, start, and stop. Not too worried about aux lights just yet.

I also tried an oppy on the gimphorse, no go w/o lots of hood modifiction there too, so it'll probably get a 15hp Kohler too. Aside from that, tires and an idler pulley, it'll be mostly the same.
Back to top Go down
gimpyrobb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
gimpyrobb

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 2:07 pm

OH! I need a shifter boot for the gimphorse, anyone have any leads or hacks for those?
Back to top Go down
gimpyrobb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
gimpyrobb

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 12:04 pm

So the Gimphorse now has a 15hp briggs I/C on it. Just need to install the drive pulley and belt. Then wire up the switch and it should be good.

The Widebody is good to go minus the wireharness. Going to be working on that next.General mower builds - Page 2 20200510
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
BoogerWeld
BoogerWeld
CraftsmanQuad19

Forum Rep : 137

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Those OHV briggs singles are decent. Their one weak point is the head gasket. They like to blow between the pushrods and the cylinder. Lot of space between bolts there for a relatively narrow section of gasket. That and the dog bone, but that’s any briggs single
Back to top Go down
gimpyrobb
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
gimpyrobb

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2020 9:04 am

Both the widebody and gimphorse were LOUD with no exhaust system on them. Got the gimphorse done yesterday and will work on the widebody this weekend. Getting a lot checked off the list for Haspin!

General mower builds - Page 2 20200611
General mower builds - Page 2 20200610
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
DimeWeld
DimeWeld
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 118

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2020 3:40 pm

Lookin good. Yeah loud pipes are ok for a few minutes, but after that.... it starts to get old. I need to quiet mine down a bit more one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General mower builds   General mower builds - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General mower builds
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Off Road & Rally Tractors-
Jump to: