All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2020 Build-Off Coming!
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Buttons!

Scrap yard Murray save

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheCollector
Apprentice
Apprentice
TheCollector

Forum Rep : 22

Scrap yard Murray save Empty
PostSubject: Scrap yard Murray save   Scrap yard Murray save Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 10:24 pm

Ok now that the buildoff is done I plan on continuing this build. She has been running perfect but there are add on's and changes I will make.

After a nice long ride
Scrap yard Murray save Resizer-15762937075000
Back to top Go down
TheCollector
Apprentice
Apprentice
TheCollector

PostSubject: Re: Scrap yard Murray save   Scrap yard Murray save Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Been doing a dirt bike build off so havent had much time to continue building the Murray but i did add a cheap low profile head unit. Only $16 and its real easy to pull out when I do a good cleaning to the machine. No speaker yet but i will be looking for a small marine speaker i can hide somewhere. Anyways im starting to get alot of electrical and i plan to also make this a generator so my question for you guys is whats the best alternator to use for these small tractors?

Scrap yard Murray save Resizer-15792287199130

Scrap yard Murray save Resizer-15792287199131
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 100

PostSubject: Re: Scrap yard Murray save   Scrap yard Murray save Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 12:46 am

Pretty cool. Do you think vibration will be an issue? I saw a really tiny alternator from a kubota engine online. (I think it was from a kubota) You could try searching for Tiny alternator or small kubota alternator. That might not put out enough amps for you though if you want to power a bunch of stuff or charge other batteries off it ect. You can find pretty much any smaller car alternator and just adapt the pulley to whatever you want to use. On my simplicity I used an alternator off a ford explorer and used a v belt pulley from a sears suburban starter generator. You could also take the alt pulley off and just weld a v belt pulley to it if you can't find something to fit the shaft. Try to find one that's internally regulated. Most are these days anyway.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Expert
Expert
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 76

PostSubject: Re: Scrap yard Murray save   Scrap yard Murray save Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 6:46 pm

Neat radio. USB and AUX inputs?
Back to top Go down
TheCollector
Apprentice
Apprentice
TheCollector

PostSubject: Re: Scrap yard Murray save   Scrap yard Murray save Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 11:21 pm

Ill check out that alternator and not to worried about vibration. Yes its actually Bluetooth, aux and i do believe usb.

The front is about to get changes. Going with bigger tires and to do that looks like the exhaust will have to change.
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Skilled
Skilled
Jeremiah R. Cooper

Forum Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Scrap yard Murray save   Scrap yard Murray save Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 10:50 am

I was quite impressed with your build-off murray.
Back to top Go down
TheCollector
Apprentice
Apprentice
TheCollector

PostSubject: Re: Scrap yard Murray save   Scrap yard Murray save Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Thanks man!! I worked hard on it thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrap yard Murray save   Scrap yard Murray save Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scrap yard Murray save
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Off Road & Rally Tractors-
Jump to: