All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Happy Holidays!

Non-topic Tractor Talk.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 554

Non-topic Tractor Talk. Empty
PostSubject: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 12:57 pm

Here is a good place to share your tractor discussions that don't have their own build threads!  Have fun, share your discoveries and general tractor talk!

TheGreenMachine 89 Craftsman GT18
Bowser 01 Murray Widebody LT 
Thor 77 Hydro Sears Suburban
Grandpa 75 Sears ST/16
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

Forum Rep : 5

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 1:07 pm

OOO ILL START!!! im way too exited because im bored atm. so i wanna reengineer the MTD cvt to be more complicated because im curious how a go kart 30 series cvt would effect a mtd leaving stock pullies front and rear and putting a pully on bottom (to engine) and on top a 30 series cvt from a go kart which would mean two speed high low automatic with foot clutch and reverse too me that sounds like it would be really fast. also a mst206 with that setup would be perfect for drag racing. giving take off torque and plenty of top end being a automatic two speed with 6 gears
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 1:26 pm

Just don't mud up the CVT!

Grandpa 75 Sears ST/16
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 1:27 pm

yea it would be a racing tractor not a mud tractor LOL
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Rustbucket Garage

Forum Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 7:30 pm

Well I “may” have an idea for another, albeit quick and not terribly interesting build.

So I’m big into ice fishing, and despite being flatfooted as a jackrabbit I can pull my sled fine. But I am impatient and like to get out on the water quick. So my thought was that there are several rear-engine riders for sale in my area fairly cheap. I think I may build an ice buggy, something like this:
Non-topic Tractor Talk. B6e39c10

Nice and small and light, and since its a mower I doubt it would need to be registered. Which costs an arm and a leg in NY.

Could probably do some sort of half track thing too and cruise the snow banks that we get around here.

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 8:06 pm

A little more traction on the rear, and that might work.

Grandpa 75 Sears ST/16
Back to top Go down
MN mudder
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
MN mudder

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 9:30 pm

@Rustbucket Garage it's cool to see a fellow ice fisherman in here ! I actually built a rig similar to that using a sears snowblower with tracks and arctic cat kitty cat skis on a toro 910.Non-topic Tractor Talk. 20190110

to do this
Non-topic Tractor Talk. 20181210

just saying a feller here really likes ice fishing!

Rustbucket Garage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Brianator

Forum Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 9:32 pm

Use sand paddle ATV tires on the rear and you'll be golden!

Rustbucket Garage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Rustbucket Garage

Forum Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 9:47 pm

Nice rig and nice perch! Nice to see another fellow that dares to brave the cold. Smile

@MightyRaze if I go through with this then I'd definitely try something for traction. I think I'd get a set of old tires, cut off the sidewalls and add studs to the treads and maybe some grousers. Probably would try and stay away from extra weight, wouldn't want to sink in.

If nothing else it would be neat to mount a potato cannon to the front and give it a camo paint job.

"These are the fastest tanks in the European Theater, forwards or backwards. We like to feel can get out of trouble quicker than we got into it."

Bonus points if you can name the movie! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 8:55 am

im starting to wonder if i can make a bracket to fit a briggs starter on a sears 16hp cast iron tecumseh i dont wanna buy a new starter
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 10:22 am

Bigger question... would the teeth on the starter be compatible with the Tecumseh?

Grandpa 75 Sears ST/16
Back to top Go down
MN mudder
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
MN mudder

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 11:25 am

ya like mighty said I would make sure the teeth on the starter would be compatible with the ring gear on the flywheel on the tecumusche also correct spacing for it to engage and disengage properly.
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 1:09 pm

probalby now i thik its better to buy a new one but i cant look them up on my school laptop id have to wait till i get home and ill be busy
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Budget_gokart

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 1:49 pm

another dumb build idea i might actually do... i have a tufftorque hydro and an mtd diff and axle shafts i wanna do chain drive from the hydro to the axle shafts and support the axle shafts with pillow block bearings and make it go fast because then stock pulllys and tensioners and foot drive for the hydro puts less stress on the hydro so you can go faster and it would be smoother too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-topic Tractor Talk.   Non-topic Tractor Talk. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non-topic Tractor Talk.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: