All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What have you done to your tractor today?

Go down 
+121
Nevadablue
MudMachine95
TourMax
diddie
Murraymountain
MatthewD
darkside0914
Crazy_Carl
muddstir
Double W Cross Ranch
Buck
biggasmowers
paulnb57
Ranchrodder
onebadLT4000
TedTheDestroyer
jimtolken
RichieRichOverdrive
Warren Evans
MightyRaze
AllisKidD21
Off Road Domination
mowerheadder
CraftsmanQuad19
chevy8988
ratcatcher
Carshowkid
MoMower
sadeoo7
ThatOneTeen
mr.modified
Fordls45
dwcopple
pukesniffer
Thomas de Boer
baymechanic1009
jamcco
CornShuck4CE
Angchor
kawasaki220
RCTankboy
camomanusa
lincolnmaniac
apollodawg
murrayracer
WilliesBuilds
B440
untrusty huskee
craftsmancole
Moose
Lawren Wimberly
Craftsman1998
Creepycrawler
T-Dub13
Ariens YT11
1997 Murray
FOSWMT
willis923
matt-man
Tyler Vanderwege
TheBeal
Kody6
dragon born
the beast
frostypaws
motorizedeverything
k2500life
RCG
Jerbear0612
crazykid1994
TroyBilt Pony
Derbyman103
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Doc Sprocket
MowBandit
Thecrazyoldcraftman
redlinemotorsportts
Thunderdivine
twinbrothers99
bautwell
Hillbilly Homer
Doug
Kel
13mudman13
xxXMowerdudeXxx
mudmonkey06
grizzlydan
tractorboy567
dylansrockinrigs
truckin42
crafsmankiller
TheRainbowBoxer
Stretch44875
WellThatsSurprising
Tractor Man Jeff
Murray modder
Webmaster
THE MTD GUY
richie thomas
Chopperhed
Marines2621
BlackMountian88
CornishMorgan
gilsonrumbler
AcreFarm
gearheadmike
canadianromper
akcender
Plyxrs
F150F250F350
Fattypipemuarry
kill all tuners!
MSteele323
craftsman30mph
CraftsMAN
Trcustoms
Ford Boi
Jamus
dangeroustoys56
Chunk
Growl60
125 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 7:18 am

AcreFarm : I was like " Holy crap- thats a 1" axle!" - heck the front spindles are even beefy . Ill have to pick up a couple more wheel adapters tho or make some - my 1st set are going on the mod murray to mount the 10" golf kart wheels.

Jamus: My wife probably thinks the same thing - i have quite a bit of stuff around and its mostly me tinkering ( after honey do lists)- sometimes my nephew comes over, he had a few plans for a mod, but then he discovered girls and freinds into offroading/mudding, so he doesnt come over much anymore.

Itd be cool to know someone else around that liked to mod tractors tho.

A thought occoured recently about maybe changing gears here- since the GT murray isalready built for the trans, might just be easier to use that murray for an off roader - id return the agway back to stock i guess - ill think about it more when i get to working on it.
Back to top Go down
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 6:08 pm

called it some nasty names and towed it to the back of the yard and left it there Mad that'll teach it
Back to top Go down
CornishMorgan

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2012, 8:01 pm

I finished off re-wiring my tractor and tested the key switch and starter solenoid. Cranked engine for the first time, it didn't do anything when you turned the key before.
What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 DSC00100
Turning over engine from starter motor, sounds and looks good to run (fingers crossed)
What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 DSC00102

Tomorrow I will be taking the carb off, stripping it and cleaning it. Also Ill get new bolts for the gearbox as currents ones are all different sizes.
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2013, 6:06 pm

I took the motor apart. Smile
Back to top Go down
Marines2621
Marines2621

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2013, 8:21 pm

Got my clutch put on my MTD
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2013, 9:35 pm

wired in a voltmeter on the ford, Installed the up/down switch for the snow blade.

Worked
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2013, 1:11 am

picked up a new motor, its a 29 hp kawasaki v-twin, anyone had experience with these? also went threw the metal pile and started getting stuff ready to build a off roader ,
Back to top Go down
CornishMorgan

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2013, 6:53 am

I've seen those big Kawasaki V-Twin's on their website. Kawasaki also make a 999cc 37HP V-Twin, I'd love to get for my tractor so good find.
Scrap piles are always good to look through, you never know what your going to find. A couple of years ago I got a Honda GX110 3.5hp from a scrap yard, great little motor and it runs like a dream. Im going to turn it into either a generator set or a put a fan on it and use it as a leaf blower.
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2013, 10:40 am

i got it from a local lawn care company, he said it was loosing compression and started burning oil, im thinking the valves can be adjusted to fix the compression and i dont mind buying oil lol
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2013, 11:08 am

wildpanthercutlery wrote:
i got it from a local lawn care company, he said it was loosing compression and started burning oil, im thinking the valves can be adjusted to fix the compression and i dont mind buying oil lol

A can of Restore will help with the oil consumption
You only need a quarter of a can of the four cylinder formulation.

Last edited by Chopperhed on February 17th 2013, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2013, 5:19 pm

bout how much would that cost, lol cause im broke
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2013, 6:12 pm

wildpanthercutlery wrote:
bout how much would that cost, lol cause im broke

Its cheaper than na rebuild, about 8-10 buck IIRC.
Back to top Go down
CornishMorgan

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2013, 6:24 pm

I made the roll bar mounting brackets and fitted them to the wheel arches of the tractor.

Pics to follow on my facebook page.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2013, 6:29 pm

Today, i finished and tested a prototype of my electric snow blade lift.

I have to build a stronger one, this one has way too much flex, but it works beautifully.
I installed the up/ down toggle switch in the stock headlight switch hole. No new holes were drilled in the chassis.
Power up and down with downforce, I can lift the front wheels off the ground.

I'll post a few pics in a bit.

I'll try to get a video when the OL is around to run the switch.

Back to top Go down
THE MTD GUY
THE MTD GUY

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2013, 12:20 pm

today, i put a new plug in ole red because she fouled the old 1. i also went engine shopping round town fr ole blue.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 11:23 am

I guess I'll participate, today I fabricated inner fenders and a belly pan for the Murray off road mower. In my last blizzard bash video I was having problems with snow getting jammed up into my trans axle pulley, so I decided to try to stop everything from being able to even get to the trans axle pulley. I built a belly pan first and then quickly realized the snow was just going to sit there on top of the belt when the tires discharge mud water or snow, so then I decided to just fabricate some inner fenders for the rear. I haven't tested it yet but I'm hoping it works pretty good. This won't stop the pully from getting wet when I completely submerge it, but what the hell its worth a try.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
Murray modder
Murray modder

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 11:30 am

Rebuilt the fenders on my off roader, and drool over a new clutch for my racer
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 10:51 pm

Jacked mine up on blocks. Took a look underneath and sighed as I had no motivation. There is so much to redo and fix. I never realized how half hazard I made this thing. It looks really big. Got a lot to do. Took the rear makeshift hubs(will need to be revamped), took the engine pulley off. Don't know where to start. Shocked
Back to top Go down
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 10:56 pm

Tractor Man Jeff wrote:
Jacked mine up on blocks. Took a look underneath and sighed as I had no motivation. There is so much to redo and fix. I never realized how half hazard I made this thing. It looks really big. Got a lot to do. Took the rear makeshift hubs(will need to be revamped), took the engine pulley off. Don't know where to start. Shocked

Close your eyes, wave your arm around and when you stop and open them whatever part you land on is what you do. Works for me.
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 11:02 pm

HAHA gotcha. It's hard when you have no money to spend. Oh well, reality. Got to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 11:19 pm

Razz Laughing Cool Last nite I fell on the ice and wacked my wrist on my tiller. Today, it's all I can do to pop a beer. SO, All i idid was test the up / down function on my snow blade, and spray paint a few parts.

blade goes up, blade goes down, blade goes up, blade goes down............... bounce Sad Smile
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2013, 11:21 pm

Neutral Sounds interesting
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 7:53 am

yesterday, I built more protection for the rear bumper. Kinda like a bull bar. Nothing major but it give me something else to push and pull on when I get stuck.

hey Jeff I feel your pain, I've been there before. if it were me, make sure it drives first, then deal with the steering so you can turn, and then worry about your brakes and gearing. at least at that point you can drive it, and everything else is extra.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 5:40 pm

Good push bumpers are one of the best mods we've done.

Speaking of which, I finally pushed the rally mower into the garage. Used golf cart and shoved it. Transmission locked into reverse, and keys were slipping. Happened about month and half ago, just now moving it.
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 10:33 pm

I feel much better today. Got the rear hubs fixed. Had to cut some of the exhaust off and lost an inch or two in wheel width, but at least it is fixed right. Got the universal joint made for the steering made. Thing is, it was drivable. I just didn't build it very strong and therefor, things started falling off like lug bolts! Knew it was time for an overhaul. What happened to the rally mower? It start losing stuff too?
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 10:38 pm

LOL he merely jumped a big snow bank his plow had pushed up... kind of a rough landing. Bent his steering and may have sheared a shifter key.

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have you done to your tractor today?
Page 5 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next