All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

how to install grease nipples?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
arild365
arild365

how to install grease nipples? Empty
PostSubject: how to install grease nipples?   how to install grease nipples? Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2010, 8:37 pm

hey guys i wanted to know if any of you could make a vid on how to instalol grease nipples. I have a few things i need to put some on but dont know how.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: how to install grease nipples?   how to install grease nipples? Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 10:04 am

where abouts? Y have to make sure they wont interfere with anything inside. Its not too hard- just drill a hole slightly smaller then the tap, tap it out, add a lil threadlocker to the zerk n tighten it down.

I bot the zerks first, then a tap - i used the tap in my electric drill . You can use zerks in any metal .
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: how to install grease nipples?   how to install grease nipples? Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 1:03 pm

I need to figure out where to put them on my tranny. I want one on the input shaft too! Never done it before though
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: how to install grease nipples?   how to install grease nipples? Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 9:55 pm

I was looking for somewhere to put one on my transaxle - everything was just too close to the case or unacessable from underneath .

I think ill do that to more of my transmissions - i found out today i bot some of that heavy duty grease ( like the green wheel bering grease ) for the grease gun- that stuff should work awsome in the transmissions- better then the red stuff cause its super thick.

When my tractors come due for maintence ill start adding zerks to em- better put more of those on my list- im almost out of em!
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: how to install grease nipples?   how to install grease nipples? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 3:59 am

It's really my input shaft I want to do. Im not sure how easy it will be though. Need to make sure it's all really smooth inside still. Probably will have to cut the nipple down a bit too.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: how to install grease nipples?   how to install grease nipples? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 4:33 pm

dont cut too much off the zerk- theres a tiny spring and ball in there- it keeps the dirt out and the grease in- if y could find a small nut to lock it down before it goes too far in would be okay.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: how to install grease nipples?   how to install grease nipples? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 5:46 pm

Didnt think of that. That would work much better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to install grease nipples?   how to install grease nipples? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to install grease nipples?
Page 1 of 1