All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around

Go down 
+11
CraftsmanQuad19
TourMax
muckmudd
AllisKidD21
MightyRaze
frostypaws
RichieRichOverdrive
MatthewD
TheBeal
Crazy_Carl
prancstaman
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
muckmudd
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2018, 9:10 pm

prancstaman wrote:
LOL, Now that's cool and perfect for this thread. Thank You for the info Muckmudd. I have those parts laying around in my basement somewhere to make that, and I just got done rebuilding my air ratchet too.
No problem. It worked so thats all I care about. Some day i'll buy a real one.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2018, 10:23 pm

Why buy one, you already have one. Smile
Back to top Go down
muckmudd
Established Member
muckmudd
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2018, 1:09 am

prancstaman wrote:
Why buy one, you already have one. Smile
Well the knuckle buster spins way too slow to be used effectiviely as a drill.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2018, 7:49 pm

Finally got around to making that grinder pedestal I was taking about

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Kimg0112
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2018, 7:57 pm

Oh yah, pretty cool. I like the base of it. You will be standing on it while using it, it won't tip over or dance around. You'll be giving that thing to your grandkids to use, LOL. Maybe not the grinder, but the stand for sure. Thanks for the post Rich.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Hydraulic Press update   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2018, 7:21 pm

Hay People,
Got a little update on the press. So I took some stuff to work to cut on the lathe at work. I took the ram extension to cut the end flat because I didn't like the spikes or the cross grooves on it, I just wanted it flat. Then the pipe that went from the ram up to the base where the bottle jack sits, cut the ends flat so I get a straight push. Then various pieces of pipe to make jigs with. Can never have enough of jigs for a press. This is a start on making the jigs for it.

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Jigs10
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Fixing a hammer    start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2018, 8:39 pm

Hay People,
Little side project I been working on for the guys at work. I was looking through the tool box at work for something, pulled one of the drawers out all the way and found a couple of broken hammers. They had the wooden handles, I remembered using the hammers for years way back when I started working there. They were nice hammers way back when. Explains why I got a crappy new hammer a few months ago. I asked what the deal was with the guy who gets the tools and said the new wooden handles were to expensive to fix them so they just bought new ones. I just couldn't let it go and be happy with the new crappy hammers. I feel that if you are going to nail something into the workbench in a fit because it won't work, you should do it in style, LOL. So I grabbed the broken hammers and took them home.
So, to make a better hammer is the goal here. After talking with the guy at work who will get the first one I fix, figured that if the hammer had a useful handle would be cool. Came up with using a wrench for the handle. The guy I am making this hammer for builds alternators, so a hammer that you can use as a wrench in a snap would be very useful. He figured if the part won't come loose with the wrench then he can smack it with the hammer on the other end, LOL. Sounds cool in theory but will probably never happen. I'm sure he would beat the hell out of something and never use the wrench, but he would still be using it though, that's all that matters. So picked out a wrench with a size of 15/16 because that is the pulley nut size and the wrench is long enough for a good handle too. I had to make little horse shoe things to fit the wrench in the hole of the hammer head in the center, pretty much shim it up. Then I cut off the box end of the wrench to fit in the hole.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Ham_111

Here's how the wrench will fit into the hammer head. Since everything is steel, I will weld the wrench in the hammer head.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Ham_210

Here it is welded up. So I had this thing welded up for a while now, threw it in my toolbox so I can try it out and see how it feels. Noticed that it was hard to hold because the wrench handle was small. This is where the rope comes in. I'll wrap the handle in rope to make it bigger and will be something soft to hold and absorb the shock too.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Ham_310

And the finished hammer. To get the rope on the handle, I drilled 2 little holes. One hole to start the wrap, and one hole to end with the rope. Since the rope is that polyester stuff, I melted the ends bigger then the holes to lock the rope in place. Was able to put 3 layers of rope on and was able to hide the start of the rope and covered the end with Gorilla glue to hold the rope in place. Seems to stay put for now but might come undone later so I will find something else to coat the end with like some kind of rubber coating to lock the rope in place.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Ham_511

I'll test it out first before I take it to work to see if the rope will stay put. But all in all, this thing is done.

Here are, well, most of the busted hammers. A couple from work and a couple are mine. Don't know when I will get to fixing them since this first one took a couple of months to make. We shall see. Expect the outcome to be out of the ordinary of a regular hammer though. To be continued...............................
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Ham_410
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2018, 8:51 pm

Metal handles are uncomfortable but it won't let you down from splitting.  I know a guy or two that need bulletproof handles like this.
Back to top Go down
TourMax

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2018, 1:58 pm

Needed a low pressure gauge for the tires on my Argo, which runs a min 2.5 psi and a max of 3 psi. Tire pressure accuracy is essential on an Argo as the tires are your only suspension. Too high and it will bust your kidneys wide open, too low and you’re popping the bead off the rim on every second or third skid steer turn.

There’s nothing in the local stores that goes low (most don't go below 5 psi min) or with that kind of resolution (most are 2-2.5 psi accurate). The argo came with its own special tire gauge, but that disappeared with a PO a looong time ago.

Then I struck on an idea: sports ball inflation gauge! They usually don't go more than 10 psi and are good right down to “0”.

Problem is, they're made for a need to push in to the ball inflation port so there’s nothing to push open a tire valve core:

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 14edd810

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Cf716010

Changing the head would ruin the gauge, so that's not an option. So I bought a fairly standard tire gauge:

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Fr_42710

Pressure it way too high for the Argo. But it clips on to a tire valve, has a bleed port, a filling port and the hose rotates to make it easy to see the scale when hooked up  to the tire. The fill and bleed ports are pretty handy when trying to drop just enough air to make a .5 psi difference.

Now the problem was screwing the sports ball gauge on to the fill port still wouldn't read tire pressure and pretty much anything under 15-20 psi didn't show at all on the big gauge. I could just remove the core from the fill port, but that means the large gauge is now useless and I can't add air without removing the whole contraption. I'd also like to not have more than 10 PSI spike the little gauge if the tire I'm checking is too high for some reason (like checking someone else's tires for them), so hooking up the big gauge to check first would be a plus. Can't do that if I remove the core. I could carry a valve core tool and remove/install the core as needed, but that's a major PITA and asking for trouble loosing the core if I have to check on the trail.

So I dug around in my bins to see what I had and ran across a steel valve extension:

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Fr_42811

That's great, but it still won't depress the tire's valve when attached. So I stuck the end of a zip tie in the end of the extention, cut it flush and made sure it was jammed solid:

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Fr_42810

Then screwed it into the low pressure gauge and screwed that into the fill port on the big gauge:

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Fr_42812

Works perfectly:

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Fr_42814

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Fr_42813

Resolution is perfect for my use, I can bleed psi off easily and see the change right away, air up a bit if I go too low and I Still have a gauge I can use on higher pressures.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2018, 5:53 pm

Awesome tool Tourmax, Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by prancstaman on November 24th 2018, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2018, 7:52 pm

I actually happen to have a 10psi max inflator converter to schrader that I use on mowers. Keep my fronts on Mutt 5-6psi, backs 2-4. Pretty convenient.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Final work on the hammer handle.   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2018, 9:02 pm

Hay People,
I finally got to the hardware store and found something for the handle grip to keep the grip (rope) from coming undone. It's a rubber coating used for coating wires. After smelling it (while using it ofcourse), smelled familiar. The people who do the chrome plating at work, use the same stuff I think, to fix their racks to keep the plating off certain sections of their racks. This goo should do nicely for the grip, to keep the rope from unraveling.

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181110

Well, this little project is complete. I'll be taking the hammer to work Monday for the guy who gets it. If he don't like it, I'll certainly use it.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Hammer update   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2018, 9:25 pm

Hay People,
So I took the hammer to work to give to the guy but he didn't want it. His loss. And now I have a, well, newish hammer for work to use. Threw the China made one back in the main toolbox for everybody else. So I talked to another guy, and he wants one for home. Look for another hammer build later on.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2018, 11:02 pm

I might add my own useful item here if that’s ok with you @prancstaman. I dig that hammer, probably makes you feel powerful to wield lmao
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Hydraulic Press Part 11   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2018, 11:38 pm

Hay People,
I used the press a couple of times, Works OK with the 2 ton bottle jack but I think I will be upgrading to a stronger bottle jack soon, but for now the 2 ton will have to do. Evidently 2 tons of force is not that much, fooled me, LOL.

Ok, using the press, I noticed a couple of things not good. Mainly with the hydraulic end of things. The frame and table did real good. On the hydraulic end of things, the very top where the jack pushes up on, was bending from the force. Not too good. I have a piece of C-channel 1/4 inch thick, then 2 flat plates of steel that are 1/8 inch thick each, on top of the C-channel. So, that's like 1/2 thick steel on the top and still was bending. Need to fix this, need to spread out the force of the jack because all of the force, 2 tons of it, is focused on a half inch spot in the center of all that. So, I took the top apart and pulled the top 1/8 inch plate off for some ribbing. I'm thinking that the ribbing will spread out the force on the top to the threaded rods better and be more ridged. I need to weld the ribbing on when it stops raining. This is just half of the upgrade, I'll post the other half when I do it.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 000110

While waiting to have a chance to weld, I start working on the stand for this. Keeping with the theme of things, I looked around my yard and found 2 rims. These are the rims from the spare tires for my Jeeps, both of them, from both Jeeps, LOL.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 000210

I dig them out. They been hiding there for a couple years.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 000310

The plan is to make a stand from these 2 rims. I'll use the black/rusty rim for the base and will be turned upside down. Then legs. then the top rim, the white/rusty rim, will have the center hub cut out of it. If I cut the hub out of the top rim, will open up the center so I can stick parts from the press frame down through it when needed. They are 15 inch rims and the press is 18 inches wide and will sit right on top of the rim. I will also make a way to bolt the legs of the frame of the press to the rim also, so it don't fall off and so I can remove the feet of the press when needed to open up the bottom so parts can fit through better. I already see uses for this feature since the press frame is only 2 feet high and the added length will come in handy.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 000410

I need some legs. I got a pile of square tubing in my basement. Thin walled, like sheet metal thin but should do nicely.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 000510

I grab 4 short pieces. Clamp them together and draw some lines with the straight edge on both ends to even them up.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 000610

You would think that I could cut straight by now, Guess not. But I can still use them.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 000710

I made 4 legs for the stand but I just decided to use 3 of them. I cut slots on the ends so the ends fit over the bead lip on the rims and will weld them on. Forecast says no rain tomorrow, I hope. Maybe a post tomorrow too.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 000810

OK, off the subject for a second or two. I got more junk for the yard, LOL. My brother-in-law does fencing and he gives me stuff that he rips out before he does his thing and gives me the steel from time to time. Good score this time. 2 inch and 1 inch square tubing that is 1/16th and 1/8th inch thick, plus his old set of ATV tires, and a set of 4 rims off a Dodge 1ton. And one push mower that I can give someone after I fix the gov linkage.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 000910

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 001010

That's it, Later...........
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2018, 11:45 pm

CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
I might add my own useful item here if that’s ok with you @prancstaman. I dig that hammer, probably makes you feel powerful to wield lmao

Sure thing, this is the place for it. It might inspire someone to make a tool. I just try not to hit my hands with the hammer. That hurts ya know, LOL.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Hydraulic Press Part 12   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2018, 8:34 pm

Hay People,
It was 75 degrees and sunny here, got the welding part done. Smile  

I started with the press stand. Cleaned the metal where it needed, then burned it together. Went together easy. Tacked the legs to the bottom, then set the top on. Welded on the bottom, then welded the top on. Checked for squareness with a straight board and seemed ok. No big deal if it wasn't, just for looks is all. The top rim's lip will keep the press straight. I used all 4 legs I made, I just doubled up the leg in the back. Hay, since it was made and all.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181212start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181213

Need a place to put the jigs. I cut out some plywood for a shelf and put it inside the bottom rim. That's why It was turned upside down, for the spacing was the lowest. To get the plywood to fit, I layed the plywood on top of the rim and hit it with a hammer, which left a perfect imprint of the outer rim on the plywood, then I cut it out. To make it fit inside the rim, I used a square set for 1 inch and dragged it all the way around with a marker on it.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181214

I then grab the top plate and weld the ribs on. Tried to spread the heat around the best I could by welding little sections at a time from one side to the other, then let it cool, then do other sections at a time. Took an hour to weld up. But it still bowed. The lowest point is in the center and the corners lifted about 1/32 of an inch. That's OK, if it ever bends, it will bend back to being flat. Can't ever seem to keep the metal straight from welding parts like this. I usually do it like this but never works. Oh well.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181215

I then dig through the box of junk on my work bench (the good box of junk)and find 2 pieces of angle iron that's the same size and fits on the C-channel of the legs of the press. What luck there. I have no clue how I will bolt the press to the table yet but I got 2 pieces of metal for it, LOL.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181216

I grab the top plate now that it cooled down now and start putting the top part of the press back together. A little filing, a little drilling, and goes back together and then bolt it down. I move the table up and place some plates on it to try it out. I bring the ram down onto the table and pull down as hard as I could. And the top plates stay mostly straight. BINGO, it worked. Pic is of the jack under pressure and the top not bending, well badly. After uploading this pic and seeing it up close, the threaded rod areas bent back down, LOL. But all in all, a success. It was bending waaay worse before this. Plus I still have one more thing to do to spread out the pressure.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181218

So, I can use the press with no worries with the 2 ton bottle jack. Good enough for now. Time to put it to work.

I grab the stand and put it next to my drill press. Pull all the stuff off the press that I could to lighten it so I can carry it to the stand and that's that. Pop the press back together. And my work bench is cleared off.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181221start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181220start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181219

As I'm cleaning up for the day, I see this sitting on my porch. The flat stock of metal bent into a C. Been there since I made the bench grinder, LOL. It's the original tool holder for the grinding wheels when the bench grinder was on a board when given to me. It just amazes me how much junk is laying around my yard. So I grab it (finally) and I can use it to make straps for the press for when I bolt it to the stand. I set it with the 2 pieces of angle iron under the press for later.
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 20181223

No worries, I'm not done yet. As I use it to do certain jobs, I will be making accessories for it. Plus upgrades too for the hydraulics. Then more accessories. That's all for now.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2018, 2:01 pm

So several months ago I got a long piece of 2x2 square tubing on one of my scrap runs. Didn't scrap it because i knew it was worth more to me as building materials. I set it aside for a build I haven't thought of yet.

Fast forward to thanksgiving. I got the idea to make a platform for my toolbox that will fit into my receiver hitch. This will allow me to load and unload my toolbox by myself, making transportation between both houses and work much easier. This will also allow me to carry all my tools and still have my entire bed for anything else I want.

Yesterday I got the cross part of the frame built, and today I am working on attaching the box to the frame in a way that is removable but sturdy.

Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2018, 7:45 pm

Oh yah. When you mentioned a tool box, I thought you meant like a 2 drawer with a flip top, LOL. That's a big tool box there. Maybe a pole going up the front of the drawers, then over the top to the tailgate to hook on the tailgate. And use the ratchet strap to hold that piece down between the box and tailgate. Good thinking on loading it in.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2018, 10:32 pm

Actually the frame itself is mounted to the bottom of the box via angle iron and grade 8 bolts (with lock washers!!). The drawers themselves lock so I know as long as I lock the box they won’t fly out. Video of the new mounting system and how I load it will be up within a couple days.

start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Cdb42410
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 D8e33e10
start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Fb0ef210
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts!
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
1st Place Build-Off 2019
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2019

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2018, 10:42 pm

Boy I envy the guy that's behind you on the road if that thing lets go CQ. Think of all the free tools he'll get!!   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 1098998679 lol! :

"This'll either wake you up or put you to sleep forever!"- Red Green         "Whatever you do you should do right, even if it's something wrong." - Hank Hill

- MTD Off-Road Build
      - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
      - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
       - Sears LT11 Rat Rod Build *2019 Build-Off Winner!*

Garden Tractor Collection: Allis B-110 x2, 710, 716, & 410 - Wheel Horse 655, 953 & 500 Special - Case 444 - Bolens Versamatic, G10 & 1668 Diesel Swapped - Cub 106, 124 & 1000/149 Frankentractor - Ford 120, LGT 125 & 145 - White 1650 Yard Boss - Moto Mower 710-100
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2018, 10:44 pm

Oh yah, came out nice. Good thinking.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2018, 11:13 pm

AllisKidD21 wrote:
Boy I envy the guy that's behind you on the road if that thing lets go CQ. Think of all the free tools he'll get!!   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 1098998679 lol! :

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that’s a good one AK. I just dropped a grand in tools and pretty much all of them are in that box Shocked
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2018, 11:51 am

Can you open the tailgate with it installed on the truck?
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2018, 4:42 pm

No, that would’ve been nice but ultimately would’ve reduced the capacity because of the leverage. I built it so I can get a bigger box at some point and reuse the frame. Nothing crazy but this thing is tiny
Back to top Go down
muckmudd
Established Member
muckmudd
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2018, 8:00 pm

No but seriously, does it have a lock? Because if you hit the gas and all your tools fly out thats no fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around   start - Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homemade tools and stuff from junk laying around
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next