All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 2:38 pm

The newer version of the 633a (can't remember the name) the one that came with my GT18 Craftsman has a release valve for pressure built into the top right side (input side) of the trans.
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 113

Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 5:35 pm

@MightyRaze Does it almost look like a grease fitting but doesn't stick out as much? I have one of those newer ones too but that's all I can see on it.

I will probably end up adding a vent next time I have the trans out.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 490

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 11:13 pm

Kind of reminds me of a pop-off valve.

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 2:03 am

Stream running today for a couple of quick photos.
Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 244_0219

Expedition deep in the jungle...ok it was 100 feet from my grandfather's house.
Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 244_0220

Almost rolled it trying to back down off this dirt pile. It was fairly steep getting up there.
The steering is a bit looser than it once was. Gonna need to shim some things up one of these days.
Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 244_0221
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2020 11:25 pm

HASPIN PREP 2020! I decided that I don't want to risk fragging the gear flipped 633 that's been in the #64 since I built it. I'm taking the transmission out using one of the back tires to simulate using stuff available in the field...
Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 244_0223

I wanted to get an idea of how long a trans swap takes with normal hand tools so I timed it. From tractor completely together to transmission completely out took about 20 minutes. I think with everything ready to go and some practice that could probably be cut in half. If a 2nd person was there to help and maybe with a battery powered impact gun, 25 minutes to swap the transmission would probably be possible. Definately do-able between rounds of the Top Tractor Challenge if necessary.
Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 244_0226

I was going to swap in one of the new style 633's I have but I found out that the newer ones have wider frame mounts.
Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 244_0222

I wanted to swap out the gear flipped trans so I can weld the gears before it breaks. I have an older style 633 with the gears already welded ready to go in. The new style one (bare aluminum color one) is really kind of useless to me at this point, but I may be able to mod the case to fit the adventure edition later on.
Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 244_0224

Also, today I tried aluminum welding for the first time and it didn't go too bad. I didn't expect cast aluminum to weld as good as it did. Note the repaired spot around the upper mounting hole which was cracked. I welded a Z'ed shifter to finally solve the issue of my hand smashing into the belt cover in high gear. I've been talking about doing that for years, pretty much almost since I built it, so it should be nice to try it out. I think it will make things a bit easier, even though I've gotten used to being careful when I shift to 3rd.
Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 244_0225
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 6:56 pm

The 633 with welded gears is now back in and everything is together. Used the steel pulley which is a lot lighter and should make shifting quicker I hope. The case on the new style 633 is also spaced differently where the input shaft is, so it would take a lot of modifiying to make it work with this frame.

Here's a pic of the new shifter setup. This is where 3rd gear now is, giving plenty of room to shift without smashing your hand into the belt guard at the right. Also it's a bit easier to reach now than it was. Just seems to be in a better spot.
Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 244_0227
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Master
Master
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 83

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 8:43 pm

I see the makings of a pit crew forming. Smile
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 10:21 pm

I need to get some people to join yeah. It took only 20 minutes to get everything unhooked and the transmission completely out and on the ground. But today it took 25 minutes to get the transmission back in and trans mount bolts tight WITHOUT hooking up anything else. It's a super pain to line them up, especially alone. Finally I got a bit of help and even then it wasn't easy. You could slot the lower holes in the frame and put studs in the upper trans bolt holes or something to make it quicker. Brake bands went back on quick in only a couple minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]    Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]  - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr.Modified's Simplicity Adventure Edition [2016 Build-Off Finalist]
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Off Road & Rally Tractors-
Jump to: