All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

9/11, Never Forget.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

9/11, Never Forget. Empty
PostSubject: 9/11, Never Forget.   9/11, Never Forget. Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2018, 8:54 pm

Thought I'd start this thread for anyone looking to tell their 9/11 stories(theirs or others), post patriotic songs maybe, or anyone just looking for a place to say God Bless America. This is an event that changed not only the US, but the world and it's population at that time and forever after. Thousands killed or injured. The first attack on the continental US since 1941. This is not an event we shall allow to be forgotten, to forget the men and women that gave their lives to save others, to forget those who gave their lives to stop the hijackers on 93, or anyone else that lost theirs in the clusterf*ck that unraveled that day and the months and years after.

For the sake of the admin's sanity, stay away from bashing either side of the political spectrum or anyone else besides the terrorist group that caused it. We're all in this as one country.

God Bless America!
9/11, Never Forget. 20180911
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: 9/11, Never Forget.   9/11, Never Forget. Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2018, 9:06 pm

Amen brother.

I was just over a year old when it happened, and my brother popped out three days after. Mom was almost scared to be in a hospital with what had just happened
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 9/11, Never Forget.   9/11, Never Forget. Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2018, 10:10 pm

I was 26 when it happened. I was at work, working computer helpdesk for The Boeing Company. I got a helpdesk call asking if I could put CNN on all the conference rooms that the meetings were all cancelled and people wanted to keep track of what was going on. At first I had no idea what was going on. The first conference room I sat up only one building had been hit. While talking with one of the guys, we watched live as the second tower was hit. Talk about a shock to the system. I hurried down to the other end of the building to set up our other larger conference room. Just in time to find out that the pentagon had been hit. I was in disbelief. I hung out there for a bit to find another plane was hijacked and had just gone missing. I walked back to my desk and saw there wasn't any new calls or tickets. I walked back to the first conference room and watched for a while. Then the first building fell... Later the second building fell. Then they found the crater from flight 93. Rumor started that gas was going to go up. It was lunchtime so I jumped in the car and ran to the first gas station as I needed gas. The price had already gone up from 1.25 to 3.50. By the time I left work it was 6.50 and everyone was running out.

I can't express the feelings I had that day. Yeah I was safe in Oklahoma, but I had family members in the military that were getting their calls. The division of Boeing I worked for was the military support side. I work within throwing distance to an air force base. To see it locked down for what seemed weeks. No one in, no one out. To see the skys without con-trails from no planes. No blinky lights from planes at night. I drove by Will Rogers World Airport to and from work every day. To see planes parked all the way out to the end of the runway and in the grass. It was a very strange time. Nothing seemed the same.

One good thing from it.... everyone in USA was on the same page for once. There was no Democrats, Republicans, conservatives, liberals.... only Americans. Too bad to be able to see that slip away.

9/11, Never Forget. Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
9/11, Never Forget. Sig2149/11, Never Forget. Sig314
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: 9/11, Never Forget.   9/11, Never Forget. Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2018, 10:15 am

Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack, a mighty sucker-punch came flyin' in from somewhere in the back.

You'll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A....
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9/11, Never Forget.   9/11, Never Forget. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9/11, Never Forget.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: