All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

murray classic off road mower build

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 12:23 am

Looks fun. Knobbies aren't all that great in the mud, but great for banging around on dry days. They're kinda bouncy.
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Apprentice
Apprentice
darkside0914

Forum Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 12:57 am

oh i don't know about that, if it's the really thick peanut butter mud then yes they pack up pretty quick, but , and this is only my experience, with the thinner sloppier mud they seem to do decent, i'm actually surprised at the fact it looks like it's sitting perfectly level with the 22son back and the stock 13s up front
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Master
Master
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 53

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 10:23 am

Well, from my experience, I can tell you nothing.

Those are actually 15's on the front.

Did you roll it on that quick romp or something? The grille looks offset quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
74sears
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
74sears

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 8:46 am

yeah they are pretty bouncy they kinda feel like somewhat if a suspension
Back to top Go down
74sears
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
74sears

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 8:30 pm

the grille got bent when i hit a tree "the brakes dont work and the clutch doesnt depress the belt"
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Master
Master
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 9:16 pm

Ah, the good ol' stock brakes. Gotta love 'em!
Back to top Go down
74sears
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
74sears

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 9:42 pm

yeah stock brakes suck, out of all my tractors 3 of my tractors have working brakes my 2 suburbans have band brakes and they work great, and the brakes in my hydro craftsman work great
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
RichieRichOverdrive

Forum Rep : 114

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Stock brakes work with fresh pads and enough leverage. You tend to have to replace brake pads often if you get them working well, extra force makes them wear quickly.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Master
Master
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 9:52 am

@74sears wrote:
yeah stock brakes suck, out of all my tractors 3 of my tractors have working brakes my 2 suburbans have band brakes and they work great, and the brakes in my hydro craftsman work great

Now hydro brakes, unless something is broken, they always work good. The only hydro I had a problem with was the Craps-man and it had a broken spring and a stuck cotter pin.

@RichieRichOverdrive wrote:
Stock brakes work with fresh pads and enough leverage. You tend to have to replace brake pads often if you get them working well, extra force makes them wear quickly.

You must be using stock brakes on your 820. I've never had a tractor with an 820 that hadn't already had the brakes stolen, so I don't know they might alright. But the MM went drowned because of the crappy MST stock brakes. Those pads were brand new too. And, they worked right before the time they went under. So now, I haven't used my brakes in a month and I'll probably just remove them and put them on something they work on. The MM has had no brakes since it snowed. I just downshift to stop. Whatever isn't capable of locking up the wheels at full speed, well I consider that crappy.
Back to top Go down
74sears
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
74sears

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 9:59 am

the best stock brakes in my opinion are roper 633 brakes they work great
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Master
Master
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 10:15 am

@74sears wrote:
the best stock brakes in my opinion are roper 633 brakes they work great

Agreed. I just got my first 633a mower and the brakes worked perfect even after it sat for like 10 years.
Back to top Go down
74sears
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
74sears

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 10:54 pm

its been awhile but i done some work on the murray today i got rid of the widebody hood and put the hood and dash off my old yard king gt on it murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Img_2019
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: murray classic off road mower build   murray classic off road mower build - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

murray classic off road mower build
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2