All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

hey guys! im back!

Go down 
+2
RichieRichOverdrive
loggers gogert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
loggers gogert
loggers gogert

2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2020, 11:39 am

I know its been awhile, and you probably don't wanna hear from me. But i just wanted to check in, see how you are doing.
And i want you to forget what you remember about me... i'm a whole new person, my knowledge in small engine repair has grown so much since I was last here! I also have a Job now, I work at a horse farm right across the street, I feed the horses, pick up manure, brush them etc. but besides that I also am the mechanic for the farm, i have fixed almost everything there, i've fixed tillers, stump grinders, weedeaters, push mowers, riding tractors, etc. And I even serviced the kubota farm tractor, it was a 3 liter, 3 cylinder liquid cooled carbureted 30 hp ( think ) diesel motor. I was
scared though, never worked on a motor that big though, but my "boss" and i have grown a great attachment and he told me to do it anyway because he was confident in my abilities.
I've also been through alot also since i've last been here, me and my boss, ( his name is walt ) were cutting up logs that he had laying around for awhile, and we were taking them to the side of the road and putting them in piles with a "free" sign next to it. we live down a gravel road, but at the end of the gravel road is a paved 2 lane country style road with a 55mph speed limit. After we were done loading our utvs up with logs, we would drive down our gravel road, and put them on the side of the road. he had just bought a brand new kubota utv, it was the top of the line version with everything. He told me it cost about $14k. and i had a old bristers chuck wagon that he gave to me, so i fixed it and had been using it for farm work.
Now we are loading up our UTVs and he loads his up before i load mine up, and he tells me to stop loading mine, so i can help him unload his at the end of the road. He then asks me if i would like to ride with him, and i said no ill just drive mine down there. So we get in our UTVs and head to the road, once we get there i help him unload. so now we are waiting for an opening in traffic so we can turn around and go back to the farm.
Then all of a sudden i hear a big boom behind me. I look back and Walt has been hit by a truck, head on. I couldn't believe it was happening, I was in shock for about 5 seconds, and just stood there. I get out and run over to him, Hes moaning, and barely breathing, I try to talk to him and see if he can hear me, he replied with a very faint, "are you okay?". I tell him "yea walt im fine we are gonna get you out of here, you'll be fine". Now at this point people are getting out of there vehicles to come help, a kind man helped me pull him out, and we got him on the ground, but he's not breathing anymore, I don't know how to do CPR and a million things are going through my head. Luckily a ambulance is passing by, i couldn't believe it, i thought they might actually be able to save him, but they couldn't, they did cpr for about an hour, but no vitals or anything. He passed away. The man that hit him was drunk, speeding, and fell asleep. Out of all the places he could've fell asleep he had to fall asleep right there, it just didn't make sense.
Now after it happened, i've been thankful for life, because i was only 10 feet away from it, i heard the crash, and i heard walt scream, that scream still haunts me... i just cant get it out of my head that if the man fell asleep 1 second earlier, it could've been me that had gotten hit.
the next day when i went to go check on his wife, to see how she was doing, she told me that walt thought of me as the son he never had.
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2020, 3:38 pm

I'm sorry to hear that bud. Hard world.

I hate drunks and druggies of any sort. Anyone with such a weak constitution has no use to the world and aught be shot.

Good to have you back yogurt man.
Back to top Go down
loggers gogert
loggers gogert

2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2020, 10:09 pm

thank you, i cried writing that
Back to top Go down
loggers gogert
loggers gogert

2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2020, 10:12 pm

RichieRichOverdrive wrote:
. Anyone with such a weak constitution has no use to the world and aught be shot.

lol yeah, the guy that hit him was in a crew cab extended bed toyota tundra and didnt have a scratch on him
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2020, 1:46 am

Dude, I hate to hear all that. Our thoughts go out for you and Walt's family in this time. Take care man, and make sure you get any help if needed for the traumatic event. Don't think it makes you less of a "man" if you need to.

hey guys! im back! Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
hey guys! im back! Sig214hey guys! im back! Sig314
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2020, 2:34 pm

Wow man I’m really sorry to hear that. So many “what if’s” going through your mind too. I once saw a man on a motorcycle t bone a Tacoma at over 100mph. Took a long time to get that image out of my head. I can only imagine how bad you must be feeling having known Walt personally. We are all here for you if you ever need to talk
Back to top Go down
loggers gogert
loggers gogert

2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2020, 6:22 pm

MightyRaze wrote:
Dude, I hate to hear all that.  Our thoughts go out for you and Walt's family in this time.  Take care man, and make sure you get any help if needed for the traumatic event.  Don't think it makes you less of a "man" if you need to.
i hope i wont have to, even though i have dreams where it was me that had gotten hit, and like i said i still cnat get it out of my had that it couldve been me, and that out of all the things he couldve said to me he asked if i was okay.
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran Member
TheBeal
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2020, 8:40 pm

We hear about stuff like this and never really think that it could happen to us. Then it does, or it happens in our town, or to someone we know. I guess thats the way life goes sometimes.

We could all stand to cherish the people close to us, those we care about, a little more.

Prayers man.
Back to top Go down
Tour1

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2020, 11:35 am

I'm sorry to hear about this tragedy. We can hope that some good comes out of it, at least to discourage others from making mistakes. I don't know about Virginia but in NY the laws are tougher these days. In 1983 I went off the road after drinking, totaled my car and knocked down a light pole but nobody else got injured.
A .08 blood alcohol level was "impaired" then while .10 was "intoxicated". After court I could keep my license if I took a class where they basically taught us how to calculate a .08 based on body weight and how many drinks per hour were still legal to drive. Today a .08 is "intoxicated" and they can confiscate the vehicle immediately (just in case wealthy people don't mind paying the fine).
I don't drink at all now, as I get older I find my brain is not what it used to be and just like money I didn't save I wonder what I could have done better with the brain I squandered in my youth.
Sorry again for your loss, I hope you recover but gain wisdom.
-Jim from NY.
Back to top Go down
loggers gogert
loggers gogert

2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2020, 12:28 pm

just wanna say thanks guys, for understanding and talking to me.

also, if you are interested, look up walter strieter, you will be able to see the news report about the incident and his obituary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hey guys! im back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey guys! im back!   hey guys! im back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hey guys! im back!
Page 1 of 1