All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?

Go down 
+4
RichieRichOverdrive
Doug
ThePinkMTD
danielersrail
8 posters
AuthorMessage
danielersrail
danielersrail

Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2015, 3:30 pm

I'm from Logan County KY, right down on the TN border. Wondering if any one here is from somewhat close to me. Be interested in getting a group together to do some riding.
Back to top Go down
ThePinkMTD
ThePinkMTD

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2016, 4:23 pm

Central ky here, Have been trying to arrange a meet for the past 3 years in Ky but no one id down for one lol
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2016, 5:09 pm

Check out the Member Map, located in my signature below.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2016, 5:27 pm

I'm from Logan County, KY same as the dood above(oh wait you posted it lol). Would love to get some guys together for a romp down here, but I think we're just stuck with Haspin down here
Back to top Go down
Jymmyee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2017, 11:29 pm

I'm fro Russell springs ky it's about 40 minutes from Jamestown tn
Back to top Go down
BairleaFarm
BairleaFarm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2023, 10:38 am

ThePinkMTD wrote:
Central ky here, Have been trying to arrange a meet for the past 3 years in Ky but no one id down for one lol

Georgetown here.
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2023, 2:04 pm

Im from Booneville ky and I'm new and just gitting in to this stuff and I was seek advise on hydro and fnr transaxles cause they are the only transaxles I can find and I have on hand 2 hydros and 3 fnr transaxles and Iv heard there no good for offroading and I was just building me a poormans atv cause I don't have to money to put out for high dollar stuff because my funds is very limited
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2023, 5:14 pm

Hey guys I am new to this forum and I have a few questions about some hydros and fnr transaxles if there and body out there can give some advice on them cause I have 2 hydros and 3 fnr but one of the fnr had the wheels welded to the transaxles on one of the fnr but I just trying to build me a poormans atv TV an I have a craftsman lt 4000 and it has a hydro in it but I just don't want to burn them up from offroading them but I have looked everywhere around me an I can't find one geared transaxle nowhere so I am have trouble with my build and if there is anyone out there can't help me with the information on them an about to hem I appreciate it very much and the other mowers I have is old mtd brand mower but the have the fnrs in them but I tuke the one apart cause it had the wheels welded to the transaxles but I was thinking of running a live axle set up on the hydro to git the transaxles up and out of the way of the mud an water . But if anyone has anything on them and how I could keep from burning up and busting the case I appreciate all the advice I can git
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2023, 5:48 pm

The FNRs are actually strong for what they are and use a gear for reverse instead of a chain which is great! The issue with them is they're coupled to VariDrive but honestly I have one and the only troubles I've had is because of a trans/pulley swap threw the VariDrive out of whack and was tricky to get to work properly, the tractor is listed in my signature as "The Warhorse".  If you're handy you can run a live axle and use chain/sprockets instead of gears to get more speed. Here's a short video on it:

Hydros will work but you need to keep the fan blades protected and the fins on the hydro clean so it doesn't overheat, their biggest downfall is not being able to speed them up with a pulley swap or risk burning it up.

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2023, 5:54 pm

Brainator is there a way of git rid of the variety drive pulley an use a clutch system
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2023, 6:06 pm

There is... it's alot of work though, you'd need to put blocks between the frame and trans to get the FNR and engine pulleys lined up then build a clutch setup... now the back of the tractor will be way up and to raise the front of the tractor up will be alot of work and fabrication too, not impossible but for someone just starting out with this stuff it could become overwhelming.

The VariDrive actually works decently even offroad if it has the PROPER VariDrive belts in good shape so it would be easier to just run it as it is for now, have some fun and upgrade as you go!

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?   Anyone around south central ky or northern tn? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone around south central ky or northern tn?
Page 1 of 1