All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

Larger Tractor 9N

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 454

Larger Tractor 9N Empty
PostSubject: Larger Tractor 9N   Larger Tractor 9N Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 6:31 pm

Again, my father-in-law asked if I would like his 9N tractor.  I told him I was interested.  He's wanting to get it out of the yard.  He has 2 Kubota's and the 9N is just sitting and rotting.  He says it ran, and drove it where it is parked today.  I have every other Friday off.  He would like for me to come over and help him get it out and started again.  He'll bring it over to the house.

A few pix of it.  By what I figure, it is a 1940 Ford 9N with a newer 8N engine.  Once running, it will need some freshening up.

Larger Tractor 9N 07261810
Larger Tractor 9N 07261811
Larger Tractor 9N Img_2273

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Master
Master
mrshaft696

Forum Rep : 86

Larger Tractor 9N Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larger Tractor 9N   Larger Tractor 9N Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 8:39 am

cool old machine, like how it has the toolbox.... I love my old IH, we have allot of property but I still dont use it too much because of the size of it & how much of a pain it is to maneuver around... Those machines are not worth a whole heck of allot to sell so you might as well fix it up, put some paint on it & do something with it...
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 454

Larger Tractor 9N Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larger Tractor 9N   Larger Tractor 9N Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 10:39 am

I don't know if I have long term use of it, but if it works well, I do have some immediate need for it.  I need to work the back yard a bit better for drainage.  Beyond that, I have access to a tiller and maybe do that garden I keep thinking about.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Sears Suburbans, but there is only so much I can do with a tractor their size, when one of these could do it much faster.  Twisted Evil 

Future thoughts...

Restore it, take it back to original colors. (Battleship Grey)

Resto-mod it, It already has the wrong engine, 12v upgrade and what appears wrong colors. (Probably go this route and paint it to be my own)

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
RichieRichOverdrive

Forum Rep : 92

Larger Tractor 9N Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larger Tractor 9N   Larger Tractor 9N Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 7:43 pm

Free is a good deal. There's always been a Ford Jubilee in my family(with a backhoe grafted onto the back, but that's irrelevant). She's always ran great, even after not having a air filter for 40+ years. 6v battery always gave trouble though. I'm sure that 8n will run nice when you get it running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Larger Tractor 9N Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larger Tractor 9N   Larger Tractor 9N Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Larger Tractor 9N
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: