All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Hello, new member from Western New York

Go down 
+2
RichieRichOverdrive
Dr Bob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr Bob
Dr Bob

Hello, new member from Western New York Empty
PostSubject: Hello, new member from Western New York   Hello, new member from Western New York Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2020, 1:07 pm

As the title says... Hello from Western NY! So, a little about me... I am 46 yrs old and live in the town of Lockport, NY. I have recently purchased two houses on six acres, and live right on the ATV/snowmobile trails that apparently cross half of NYS.  I love fabrication and general "outside the box" thinkers. I have an undeniable attraction to all things "off the wall," and a "can do, must do" attitude; along with a warped sense of humor. That's why my friends call me "Dr Bob, mad scientist."

I have electronics/electrical/communications background and education, and good mechanical skills.
I love vinyl records and hi-fi stereo gear.
I design and build custom turntables and speakers (tons of R&D work, lots of physics.)
I brew beer and make wine, most of my equipment is fabricated.
I raise Boston Terriers (currently a five pack,) and chickens (currently 5 varieties.)
I love the wilderness and grew up off-roading and ATV riding.
I like fabricating and problem solving.
I like to modify things.
AND... I LOVE lawn and garden tractors!

So for as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated with lawn and garden tractors. Some of my earliest memories are sitting on my grandfathers old garden tractors and comparing them to the Jeep Willies he loved so much. I would pretend i was driving the tractor on the old jeep trails. I have always dreamed of modding a tractor. One day after talking about it with a friend, someone said "you should check out racing mowers." I thought about it once in a while but never did. Not like me at all.

So one day, while stumbling through some youtube videos I came across Redzz02's "Sears Killer" test drive video... and it begins, I'm obsessed. I watch countless hours of mud mower vids. Fearless front, Doc Sprocket, Redneck computer geek, Chud 327, Creepy crawler, Crazy Carl, the Mowrons, Mr Modified, Mr Studebaker... (and then some. All are fantastic machines!) Man that looks like a riot, and these guys must be a blast to hang out with.

Now, I don't generally join forums for the same reason i stay off social media. The unnecessary flaming and general disrespect that you typically find from keyboard warriors. I am guilty of lurking here for a few weeks now. Well why not, the internet IS a resource after all. I have read a lot of threads here and have found nothing but pleasant demeanor-ed discussions where people help each other respectfully, tons of great advice, and a community of good natured people with a common love for modifying tractors. It was meant to be!

Sooo... in the time that it took to finally pull the trigger and join ATLTF, I have purchased five tractors and will be starting a few build threads as I work on these. Thanks for all the quality info I got as a lurker. I look forward to chatting with you, and hope to be a beneficial member of the forum.

Starting tractor line-up:
Lawn General (murray) 42504X71B. Tecumseh 17hp vertical. MST206 intended for open trail/mud.
Toro (Wheelhorse) 264. 14hp Kohler Command vertical. Peerless 820 intended for open trail/mud.
Agway GT16. 16hp Briggs opposed vertical. Peerless 2300. intended for all purpose/recovery machine.
(X2) Roper RT10. (Sears Custom10) Tecumseh 10hp horizontal. Peerless 633. intended for off-road trail/mud

and not to forget the workers:
Cub Cadet LT50 Enduro for lawn mowing
Craftsman YS4500 for yard trailer

PS- @ Doc Sprocket, no disrespect on the username similarities. I am not a know-it-all looking to step on toes, and have no intentions on trying to fill your shoes. I am a fan of your videos and would like to thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences. I would be happy to be half as helpful to anyone, as you have been to so many here. You are a great fabricator and an inspiration, thank you!

Wishing everyone safe passage through the Corona Virus.
Thanx, Rx808 (Dr Bob)
Back to top Go down
RichieRichOverdrive
RichieRichOverdrive

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello, new member from Western New York   Hello, new member from Western New York Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2020, 1:17 pm

Welcome to the forum Dr Bob! Glad to have you here. Sounds like you have some pretty cool tractors, we'd love to see what you come up with, especially with your background. Everyone has a little different take on how to build things and that's always fun to see.

I personally used to live in WNY, a little town called East Bethany, off of Route 20. A bit from Batavia. Moved here to KY back in 2015.

Best regards.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member
Crazy_Carl
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello, new member from Western New York   Hello, new member from Western New York Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2020, 1:51 pm

welcome to the forum, i'm glad you enjoyed my videos and are getting into the hobby. I live on the other side of Rochester
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts!
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
1st Place Build-Off 2019
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2019

PostSubject: Re: Hello, new member from Western New York   Hello, new member from Western New York Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2020, 3:11 pm

Welcome to ATLTF! Glad to have you!

"This'll either wake you up or put you to sleep forever!"- Red Green         "Whatever you do you should do right, even if it's something wrong." - Hank Hill

- MTD Off-Road Build
      - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
      - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
       - Sears LT11 Rat Rod Build *2019 Build-Off Winner!*

Garden Tractor Collection: Allis B-110 x2, 710, 716, & 410 - Wheel Horse 655, 953 & 500 Special - Case 444 - Bolens Versamatic, G10 & 1668 Diesel Swapped - Cub 106, 124 & 1000/149 Frankentractor - Ford 120, LGT 125 & 145 - White 1650 Yard Boss - Moto Mower 710-100
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello, new member from Western New York   Hello, new member from Western New York Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2020, 6:35 pm

Welcome to ATLTF!

Hello, new member from Western New York Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Hello, new member from Western New York Sig214Hello, new member from Western New York Sig314
Back to top Go down
diddie
diddie

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello, new member from Western New York   Hello, new member from Western New York Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2020, 9:27 pm

Welcome Doc. can't wait to see your builds ! sounds like you have the excitement it takes to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, new member from Western New York   Hello, new member from Western New York Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, new member from Western New York
Page 1 of 1